The search results for speed. money and looks...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The fish hook you mean? That is a tough one, you have the brake much deeper and turn in later than you think....means you can get on the power earlier on the exit and for the GT8 just getting than corner right is nearly 1/2 a second as i don't have to nurse it out

Can you take passengers at Wakefield Justin? :biggrin:

My 'car' can't turn corners fast or beat sports cars on the motorway, but I bet none of you guys reading this bar Rod can keep up still :silly:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=oSooXqhodts

Speaking of which, just on this whole topic of ideal cars. While I would give my left nut to have a car as fast as most of you guys, I think I have the ideal ALL round vehicle I've finally built.

It's comfortable, looks good/tough, it goes pretty damn quick for a 2 tonne vehicle now that it's boosted (I actually 'smoked' a new Golf Gti up the motorway entrance the other night, a small hot hatch rated at 6.8 0-100km. Granted that's not 'fast', but I am in a big heavy truck with 33" tall mud tyres!), it is cheap to run on LPG and I can use it to have fun off road like in the above video, yet still have a sweet ride on the road home.
I can go camping in it, hunting with it, remote touring in it and be the envy of just about every other 4WD owner out there hehe... It turns corners well for a 4WD on road too, but would feel like a boat for you guys, but it also holds 5 people and heaps of gear in the back...

Good old each to their own....

Nemisis, I always thought those 4runners to be very light in weight...I use to buy and sell them and they sure felt light driving them.. The 1991 models also felt a bit tiny infact...1992 models were a bit more solid and powerful in stock form if I remember correctly... With a 1uz-fe under the hood and boosted I would think you can smoke more then just a Golf GTi? I use to have a 74 Toyota landcruiser that was bad arse with a 350ci Chevy sitting under the hood (300hp), now that Landcruiser was a bit heavy but actually was kinda fast if you can get through all the gears fast enough... Geared kinda low for torque... I also had 33" super swapper tires on my Cruiser... I could go anywhere your truck can go, bouncing, spinning, crawling, ripping it didn't matter.... However, In the soft sand it kinda sunk though....:doh: Oh and the wheel base was a bit shorter on the Cruiser then the 4runner's so climbing up near vertical hills the my front end of my LandCruiser would have a tendency to pop up easier then yours most likely....

For you Aussie guys...The fastest production made street legal car in Australia just happens to be powered by an LS7 motor... The new Holden HVS so they claim..

http://www.g8nation.com/2008/06/holden-hsv-w427-fastest-street-legal-car-in-australia/

Yeah it would still be lighter than the run of the mill cruiser or patrol 4WD. But mine is a bit obese because of the custom rear bar which is all solid steel, it's like an Abrams as far as armour goes heh. I've also got heavy duty rock sliders under the sills, plus the big lpg tank etc and it's starting to get too fat.

Half of me wants to lose the bars to save literally 200 odd kg's, but then the sensible half reminds what the vehicle is and what it's built for....

As for Aussie sports cars, the buy of the year now is by far the Ford Falcon XR6T. It's an awesome car, and it's a straight 6. Still, a AU$45k car and it would only need about ~15k spent on it to make it a 10 second street legal thing (i'm serious.)

Ford Falcoln XR6T seems like quite the car...Years ago in the States they sold a fast truck called the Ford Lightning... I think maybe it shares the same motor and principles......

Justen, nice pass.... Looks like a simple Sunday cruise to me though.. Hit the gas mate and don't be shy, get that back end to fish around those turns.... Come on now!!!...(just kidding). You definetely have the power to pass those other cars, must be nice...

It almost looked as if it had rained earlier and the track may be slightly wet...Was that the case?

The lightning was a supercharged V8..
The XR6T is an Australian engine..
Straight 6 twin cam 4 valve.. Has long stroke [4 inch]
small bore engine...
Re engineered about 6 times from the old 6 cyl 250ci
Mustang motor...Bore spacing is about the only thing it shares now..
The locals worry that the replacement direct injected V6 won't be as durable ...

XR8tt - You're right, I don't know why I thought the Ford Lightening truck was a boosted 6 banger?.. I guess because the truck looks like a smaller sportier version of the F150's...

Two different classes of car!! Should compare to the new Camaro..
There has been a few around here in Aussie in rough disguise, testing etc...
Should be released there soon? If not already ...

Steve and Xr8tt, I feel like a hypocrite with all this Z06 talk and praise...I've continued to test drive several of Z06's just recently and I've had a complete change of heart... The last one I test drove, I did drive for 20 minutes or so around the city and the interior seemed to be closing in on me as time passed driving inside...I got that not so comfortable tight cockpit feeling, just not much room to move around, I am so dissapointed... The initial feel was ok for the first few minutes and on the quick test drives prior to posting this thread. The longer I sat in one the more I felt clostraphobic and uncomfortable... Kinda like a squeezing in a small bathtub and driving... I give it a big thumbs down on interior fit... Power is sick, looks are great, handles very good but the interior comfort really sucks... End of story..:crazy:

Sorry everyone for hyping this Z06 Vette up so much... I feel like a real ham and or turkey on thanksgiving.. Gobble Gobble.... I wish I can take back this thread..:lame:

No way this car could be a daily driver for me... It might work for a skinny midget though...:33:

Serious looking at the new 2009 Cadiliac CTS-V... I was at the LA auto show this week and I had a chance to look one over closely...It is the most comfortable bang for the buck from what I can tell..... I was very impressed...

It doesn't look as dynamic as the ZO6, but performance speaking it is very simular... Powered by the supercharged LS-A engine it delivers 556hp in stock form...0-60mph in the high 3 second range...It is a very simular motor to the LS9 that you find in the ZR1 vettes.... Best of all it decently roomy and comfortable like our Lexus's inside.... Starting price is at $60,000...

Not many cars are going to pull on this Caddy... The GT500 was the next best car for price and speed... These Caddy's just simply aren't your grand daddies luxury ride anymore, they got really fast and sporty.. Looks are very average and plain though to me... I'm thinking throw some fat rims and tires on one, get it black or midnight blue in color with tint, install a few more mods and you got a serious ride...

I've heard about similar stories just like your experience with the Vette. Sorry to say that I don't feel the Cadillac is a good looking car. To me, it looks like a match box. The new 09 Cadillac might be fast, but I pulled on an older sedan Cadillac CTV-S 400 hp with no sweat.

Yeah, it doesn't look that great to me either... That's the problem with the Caddy and the Ford GT500.... Average looking cars... Any other Ideas or suggestions anyone?

Caddy interior is decent...

Steve, yeah, I am afraid of Fords..Just not a big fan of them...That Saleen is probably very nasty and fast though.. That's almost identical to the GT500 performance wise..... Didn't know the 2007 Saleens had that much juice......550hp is 550hp..WOW!!! My favorite Ford is probably the Ford GT.... Thanks for the link Steve.... I see that some of the Mustangs Cobra's are pretty much rockets too...

Justen, The GTR Nissan is too much cash new and that tranny issue would make me nervous...

John, have you considered a Chrysler Crossfire? If you're looking for something American, sporty, exclusive, with a higher quality interior than the 'Vette, this car fits the bill.

I'ts not particularly powerful or fast in stock form, but I understand there are supercharger & turbocharger kits that really wake up the performance.

Used, they're relatively cheap because Chrysler products have always had a bad rep for resale, but in reality the car has more Benz in it than Chrysler.

I've often thought that if I were going to buy an American car just for myself, this would be the one.

http://www.chrysler.com/en/2008/crossfire/gallery/

Thanks John, I never thought much of the Crossfire to be honest, just thought they were all too slow.. Supercharged sounds promising though, I will look into that....

I'm 6'5" and I think length wise I may be challenged in the Crossfire looking at those interior pics in the link... No room to move those seats way back... Looks nice inside though...