That old lumpy idle sound

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

34ford

Im a big fan of the 1UZ, - but still love that old lumpy sound that comes from the old V8s on idle. My question is, can you make the 1UZ have that great sound? If so, can i keep the standard ECU (using crown).

Attachments

• lex.JPG
    lex.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 0
1UZ's are an awsome sounding engine, to get the lumpy sound get yourself a full twin system, it splits the banks and gives that distinct V8 sound.

Thanks, i have a full system and it does sound good. I was just interested in what i could do with the cams

Your limit with cams is only your imagination.
Tighe Cams or Kelford Cams can help you with that.

Retaining the stock ecu however, I'd only get VERY mild cams.
It can compensate, but not by a great amount.

Thanks Anaema....... i might try that first....

Pee Wee - Thanks i'll give them a call and see what they can come up with.

I would have to agree with 34ford, they sound lame with twin system, we just put twin 2.5" on an xf falcon with 1uz and it dont sound that good until it gets around the 6500 rpm mark then it sounds awsome, still dont sound like a lazy old pushrod motor, my hilux has single 2.75" with 2 mufflers and cat so is very quiet ,the only note from mine is the induction roar which is really deep and sounds tops, everyone else reackons the car is too quiet in the exhaust department, need to experiment with a few diff mufflers to find one that gives a deep mellow not and not crackle is ass off, maybe lukey glasspacks or smitys?

it doesnt drone its a sharp crackle which is not to my taste but the owner likes it, each to his own I guess, its just not ever going to sound like an old skool v8

In my Autronic manual, there is a cool down setting (ithink that is what it was called) that gives a lumpy idol. Once you accelerate, it goes back to nornal engine settings. Anyone know anything about it? Kdog would be the man?