tensioner pulley

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dsabc2867

4 months ago i had a belt pop on me while i was driving. i took the car to the shop. and the guy there said the the tensioner pulley had froze up it fwasnt moving. and that is why the belt popped. well it has happened again. and my question is; why would the tensioner pully seize up like that? and what can i do to prevent this from happening again? i am driving a 92 ls400 with 224000 k on it. thank you for any info that you may provide.

It is unlikely the new tensioner pulley freeze again. They hardly goes bad. There are other parts you should also look for.

* Water Pump
* Timing Belt Pulley
* Cam Gears
* Tensioner

Did u replace all of the above parts when your mechanic fix your frozen pulley? Do u experience overheating too?

When you say belt do you mean timing belt or serpentine belt.

I suspect you mean the serp belt that drives the alternator etc.

The tensioner bearing is pretty small but if the guys who installed it didn't press it properly (without putting pressure on the centre of the bearing) it will fail fairly quickly.

I'd try a new garage/shop.

check and check

no not all the pulleys were changed out. but it turns out that i wasnt the idler pulley it was the tensioner pulley that had locked up. but what gets me really upset is that the dealership tried telling me that there are for idler pulleys in that motor. well i made a big eneough stink about it and all they charged me was 60$ to replace the pulley. so now im happy and my car runs good. now all i have to do is fix the damn a/c any help on that guys. appreciate what you have done so far.:biggthumpup: