Timing belt tensioner.... Is it supposed to not move?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Spinnetti

So, doing the timing belt replacement, I notice when I tighten down the allen head bolt on the timing belt tensioner pulley, it doesn't move. Shouldn't it be free to pivot? I left it a little lose, pulled the pin on the tensioner, cranked it around several times to make sure the timing was on and the belt tension was even, then tightened down the tensioner pulley bolt - but seems to me that should be free to pivot....

Did you put the big washer behind the pivot bolt?. It is a common item that I see people leave out and it causes the tensioner to lock up. The bolt should be tight.

Did you put the big washer behind the pivot bolt?. It is a common item that I see people leave out and it causes the tensioner to lock up. The bolt should be tight.

Yep, washer is there and matches the picture.. When I tighten the bolt, the pivot doesn't pivot. I've got the tension set right as mentioned, but not sure how much the belt will stretch over time... I guess I shouldn't care too much... not going to drive it 100k.. maybe 10k over its remaining life. (500 miles, 24hrs at a time ;)