Temp senors.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jake Breyck

Looking for a quick answer here. of the 3 temp senors on the front water bridge of a 1uz, the small single wire one is for the gauge only correct?

I'm installing a auto meter gauge and was hoping i can use that senors location for the auto meter sensor.

thanks.

Looking for a quick answer here. of the 3 temp senors on the front water bridge of a 1uz, the small single wire one is for the gauge only correct?

I'm installing a auto meter gauge and was hoping i can use that senors location for the auto meter sensor.

thanks.

Yup, gauge only. I tried to fit the Autometer sensor and found its sensor body was too wide although the thread size was correct if I recall. Didn't bother tracking down whether or not Autometer had the correct size body, nor resize the hole especially once I found the stock sensor would work with the Supra's dash gauge after all. Hope you have better luck than I did, now to figure out why the water neck is leaking at the water bridge joint...thinking the new gasket didn't seat correctly, not looking forward to the mess to fix it.

Yup, gauge only. I tried to fit the Autometer sensor and found its sensor body was too wide although the thread size was correct if I recall. Didn't bother tracking down whether or not Autometer had the correct size body, nor resize the hole especially once I found the stock sensor would work with the Supra's dash gauge after all. Hope you have better luck than I did, now to figure out why the water neck is leaking at the water bridge joint...thinking the new gasket didn't seat correctly, not looking forward to the mess to fix it.

Sorry for thread drift, but I've had an occasional problem with leakage at the front bridge, and it may have been the milled surfaces on the heads or the block that didn't help, as all this geometry changes a bit with milling. Silicone is your friend here, in addition to the gaskets.