Temp guage and engine idle?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Aphox

G'day,
I have a 1989 celsior with 98,000km's on it. What i'm querying is the temp guage's reading?> It only goes up about 4 lines.

From what i understand i must check the thermostat, the sensor and the gauge. As well as to see if the hyrdraulic fan is constantly on. After the car 'warms' up it will happily idle around 500rpm or somewhere down there. Does the idle depend on the temperature?

Is so is the engine actually warming up properly and the guage is not displaying this? The previous owner (only had it for a week) says he had the dash and its components all checked before hand to fix a bad earth on a few wires.

It will happily heat the car upto 32C inside though, so i'm suspecting its the guage right?

Cheers

Ok i flushed the radiator, and installed a new thermostat and it only displays about 4 lines up from Cold (same as before). I think that the celsiors hydraulic fans come on when i turn the car on which is a bit of a problem. I'm not sure that it could keep it that cold? Maybe as it is winter here. The guage did fly up to fully up once yesterday but i assume that was a bad earth or something somewhere and hasnt done it again.

Annoying.

I assume the fans are only supposed to come on when it gets a little hotter than half right. Cheers

Cheers, thanks for that info, looks like the sensor is a bit sick so i'll order a new one.

Now my lights appear not to want to come on. The feeling of impending doom is starting to occur. I can put highbeams on, and the normal ones sometimes come on when i tell them too.

Meaning their fuse must be good, the back/brake lights work all of the time. Relay is dying somewhere?