Tach wiring

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Skwerl

Can someone post a picture of the circuit board for the tach in an LS400? I am putting a 1UZ into my 84 supra and I am trying to figure out how to wire the tach so it will work right. I know that MSD makes a tach adaptor, but I have heard that it is not always accurate. Any help would be appreciated.

It will, but it will read 33% high (if the 1uz puts out an 8cyl signal) or 50% low (if the 1uz puts out a 4cyl signal)

You will need a tacho converter too.
Or have the tacho reconfigured.

The problem is that I don't know what the 1uz puts out, whether its a 4cyl or an 8 cyl.
I'd guess that it is a 4cyl.

Also, seeing as it runs a conventional ignitor/coil/distributor setup, I'd suggest that you wont need an adaptor at all.
The dash should be able to read the signal.

I am currently using an Autometer Tacho, not the factroy one.
Plus, I am using an Aftermarket ECU, so the factory 1uz wiring didn't concern me.

But I will be doing a factory wired 1uz into an mA61 about christmas time, so I will be trying it then.
let me know how you go

1uz has 4cyl output

so yr 6cyl tacho will read slower

you can either get yr tacho modified or you can

buy a signal converter

i make tacho boosters to suit the 1uz

plus i also have the signal converters

i used both these devices in a cressida with a 1uz and worked fine

Quite often manufacturers use tachos that have a switch on them to allow you to run 4 , 6 or 8 cylinder engines. Have a look on the back of the circuit board. I've come across a few over the years that have a switch.

You may be lucky and get away with a click of the screwdriver. The tach in my car (a Rover) is selectable so I just set it at 4 cylinder and away it went.