Sydney Meet Pics and thanks

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Another fine Toymodder - a manual 1UZ powered Mk3 Supra Targa Top...ahem, that is to say, Aero Top.

Lextreme-Mk3.jpg

Was a great meet! There was lots of cars at different stages of modification. All the guys were great. And going in the club for lunch was an expected bonus at a car meet :)

Good to see a mix of the other clubs, Toymods, ALSC and Altezza all rolled into the Lextreme scene!

Eddy, I'm always happy to show another enthusiast what a 1UZ sounds like past 7k revs :) And also to show that the V8s should be behind a manual box, even with a dodgy-installed clutch.
Rjay - you were too slow. I asked you if you wanted to go for a run to get ice, you hesitated and Eddy jumped in! Next time don't hesitate!

Thanks for the hat Dave.

(I think I used too many ! but it was a great day)

Pete, yeah i was slow, hehe, must've been the heat.. not to worry... maybe at the next meet, i'll be the one asking people if they want a ride in a 1uz behind a 6spd hehe.

I am really pissed off now. Was sick all weekend and didn't make. Hopefully I will get to the next one.

Brett

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a great meet. I just feel putting faces with names really worth the drive. i am greatful to see such awesome meet. Thanks to Rod and all of his hardwork. Love those rides...... someday i will make it to the meet.

i did something like 2500 km in 5 days shagged a tyre stopped at more servos than i can rember the fan shroud wore a hole in the radiator dropped coolant ( got that fixed had to take another day off work long annoying story fixed on warannty but pain in ass) didn't cook it but must have been close. and it was still worth it.
Cheers Rod for organizing it. next time i will have to show V8 Supra that the auto ain't that bad.

400ZED (forgot your name already)

Was great you could make it!! We all apreciate you (and your dad) making the trip and feel for you for the insane petrol prices and radiator woes.

I'll have to take you for a drive in a manual to PROVE how bad an auto really is ... but I'm more than willing to try out your auto (I can't drive an auto with a powerful car - I don't know how) to have a better comparison.

Stirling Cheers pete we go back so far and you forgot me. I can't rember your mums name so i will let that slide.
i think if i drove your car it would be expensive, it would push me to a manuall which would break half shafts and diff mounts. my shift kit will be here tomorrow there will be a big update then.
dad has not driven in the zed before but it turned him around he gave it a far stab on the way home.
don't forget that i have to replace two rear tyres now one is really stuffed catastrofhic flat half way home and i need the rears to match. a pretty expensive trip but worth it.
i will have to get on to toymods site.

cheers nice to meet you all.

Stirling, i was looking around in my pile of parts and came across some 2jz aircon pipe plug thingies (the ones you wanted)... and they looked the same as the 1uz ones.... ill test them and see if they are the same... then i can cut them and send you the bits you asked for....cause i don't see a point in cutting up 1uz ones with so many people wanting the whole pipe....

anyhow, will let you know.

400ZED said:
i did something like 2500 km in 5 days shagged a tyre stopped at more servos than i can rember the fan shroud wore a hole in the radiator dropped coolant ( got that fixed had to take another day off work long annoying story fixed on warannty but pain in ass) didn't cook it but must have been close. and it was still worth it.
Cheers Rod for organizing it. next time i will have to show V8 Supra that the auto ain't that bad.

Stirling,
Very nice car! (Sounded nice too, on the way out of the car-park! :) )

To hell with Pete and his manuals, I say! :lol: (jk)

Seriously, though, it was a good meet. It was nice to meet up with people in a situation where you could discuss cars (and, more importantly, 1UZs) without that glazed look you get "talking cars" with non-enthusiasts...

Oh, and thanks to Thunderbird2 for giving my car a special mention. Nice to talk to you mate! (Now for the FI 1/3UZ project into your IS!)