Supra TT auto mount same as SC400?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

66fasty

Just as the title asks, Does anyone know if the supra tt trans mount is the same as the Sc400's?I would think they are since they use the same Transmission. My friend gets a discount at Toyota thats why I ask and Lexus won't give me the part number.

Actually the Supra MKIV tranny code isn't the same as the SC400. The Supra is A340E and the SC400 is A341E. However, the hi-performance internal parts are the same and that's what I know. I don't know about OEM internal parts, though.

A trick is to pretend that you have a SC400 so you can check for the part number at a Lexus dealer. You have to come up to the part guy and ask for the diagram. The diagram will show you where it is and also the part number as well.

Another tip is to check on Ebay for the images of both trannies. If the both's exteriors are the same, then more likely they use the same mounts.

I'll verify that steve, the a340e is also used in your tacoma. Only real physical difference is the tail shaft for 2wd models. I do know the 341e was originally tried and true with the early toyota pickups and it trickeled down to the supra TT for the 93 makeover. I have a spare in at my parents house and it's got all the same plug lcoations as a 341e and even the casting marks were spot on. Wonder if the gear ratio's or strength is worth a second look?

I have a reply on another thread going but Lex found out the SC400 version of the A341e is the same as the LS. I have your gear ratio's in my 91 LS, and man is it fun! The original ratio's are just sad, it should have had the SC ratio's from the factory w/ the LS top gear ratio for fuel economy.

Last edited: