Standard ECU with Aftermarket Injectors

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Meiser

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be fitting my supercharger in the not too distant future and I was considering upgrading my injectors whilst I had them off the engine. I'm not going to be upgrading my ECU just yet - it's in the to-do list - but my question is: Will the stock ECU able to run 550 cc (high impedence) injectors without issues or would it be better to upgrade the injectors once I have upgraded the ECU?

Thanks!

In my understanding, you won't even be able to run 315cc injectors without running into idling problems.Stock Ecu can only compensate 15%ish (285-290cc injectors). I am currently working on a 300cc 3rzfe injector swap with an FMU to remedy this very issue..

yup...straight drop in no mods. work perfectly with stock ecu and give a modest 20% increase in flow which when used with an FMU compounds quite nicely

stock ecu, remapped, stock injectors

above ~0.5bar of boost you will need new internals, new MAF , new injectors, and consequently new ecu
Stock ecu can be remapped for that but it will take too long to be done properly

use Tacoma 3.4 injectors for 17% increase in fuel.5sfe pistons can be used for low compression. Same bore and pin

This project does not need any fuel increase. AFR is ok as you can see from the video
your setup is perfect as is....I was responding to your comment "above ~0.5bar of boost you will need new internals, new MAF , new injectors, and consequently new ecu"

I meant you could upgrade injectors and pistons while still using stock MAF if you used bigger injectors/MAF housing and 5sfe pistons to drop compression. Might have to make sleeves for air assist or use rx8 injectors

Last edited:
the setup is not mine, I would at least use intercooler. As for personally me, I see little sense in doing what the guys did. In my reality (engine swaps) I would use stock 1ur-fse which is only a little more expensive but has more power and torque while being n/a

the setup is not mine, I would at least use intercooler. As for personally me, I see little sense in doing what the guys did. In my reality (engine swaps) I would use stock 1ur-fse which is only a little more expensive but has more power and torque while being n/a
didn't know it was non-intercooled....this setup is a much cheaper alternative (IMHO) than a 1ur swap because some of us (me) couldn't handle the wiring and fabrication whereas as 1uz could be easily modified with a 2uz block and low compression pistons for big power

yup...straight drop in no mods. work perfectly with stock ecu and give a modest 20% increase in flow which when used with an FMU compounds quite nicely
Cool, thank you very much for the info, I'll bear that in mind! I'm going to see how things go with my stock 250cc injectors and will invest in a set if things look to be running lean.

I'm sorry for the late reply; I've not had the opportunity to get on for a while.