Sputtering On Acceleration

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

BuL8k

I got a 92 SC400 and it tends to sputter on acceleration. If i give it very little or a lot of gas it doesn't do it as bad. About half throttle is when it does it the worst.

I have an ingen cold air intake, although i doubt that's what causes it.

Maybe its a bad fuel pump? bad air to fuel ratio?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pull engine codes.

Good part throttle, good WOT, but poor heavy throttle isn't a normal problem. Perhaps you have a problem with the throttle position sensor circuit.

My first thought is not tune up parts, but they should be checked.

sputtering

I experienced the exact same thing on my 93ls. I cleaned the throttle body and replaced the air filter and that didnt do anything. Then I changed the plugs, caps, rotors, and wires. Its good to do these together cuz its a hassle taking off the covers to get to the wires, cap n rotors. I got the NGK Iridium plugs with Bosch caps n rotors with Vitek wires but its up to you what kind u want. U may wanna also SEAFOAM the engine before u put in the new plugs. I dont know how much uve heard about SEAFOAM but its a 1 pint bottle. put 1/3 in ur gas tank, 1/3 in ur engine oil but dont drive for too long with it in ur engine oil, make sure u do this right before an oil change, and suck 1/3 up thru the pcv hose and ur car will smoke like crazy. It will shut off so let it shut off for a few mins then start it again and get all the smoke out. Then change the sparkplugs. Hope that helps maybe its a lil overdoing it but its cheap way to fix it.

Thank you for the info!!! I will definately check out all the things you guys told me to look at. If I have any other questions i'll let ya know.