Slow acceleration on first gear?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Wayne

Hallo. Don't know if this really are a problem. Maybe the car should behave like this. Anyhow this is my question/problem:
Have a 94 LS400 and when accelerates it feels much slower on the first gear then on the second one. Actually it pulls really hard on the second gear so the engine seams to be fine. Haven't clocked it serious 0-100 (km/h) but with my arm watch I got around 9 seconds. I friend that tried the car was talking about that i could be a problem with the stator. Could he be right? Or is this normal? And finally does anybody have some good and not to expansive tips to increase the 0-100 (km/h) time?

Problem solved

Thanks for your answer. It's looks like my car works fine after all. I just missed that the throttle has a "kick down" position. Found it today. In my defense, you really had to push hard on the throttle to activate it. And yes, the car performs really well now.

Don't know when the atf was changed. Has only owned the car for 3 weeks know. But the atf seems to be in good condition. It's all red and it doesn't smell bad.