Slow ls400 fsport build.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

BentBrain

Hello! Im new to the forum and thought I would start a thread introducing myself and my car. Im a moderately experienced mechanic and I have always been a bit of a yota nut. My favorite 2 would be my dd,14vbzk.jpg
1990 Ls400 and the ae86. Recently one of the stock bags on the LS started leaking(stayed inflated while driving but would leak randomly while sitting). I stopped driving it and ordered some megans. I gutted the air system 1z4wuvd.jpg and installed the Megan EZ street coil's 23rl5if.jpg.

Putting the coilovers on signaled that it was time to start my build. My goals are to make the car faster, lighter, louder, with better brakes and a more sporty look and feel. My take on what the Fsport version should have been. Im not building a race car but what the M cars are to BMW. It will be daily driven until probably next year when it will be full on project car.

My immediate goals are to improve the exhaust and loose some weight. from reading the exhaust part of the forum Im going to start by removing the resonator after the stock y and replace it with a 2.5" pipe. After that depending on how it sounds Ill probably remove the front mufflers and run pipes and than finally put some high quality straight through mufflers to replace the rear mufflers.

I know she lost a bit of weight when I pulled the air suspension but Im not sure where else to look. I need some help in this area so if you have any ideas Im all ears.

After that i want to swap the bigger brakes from the UCF20 so the car stops better. From there I will look into cam's intake and finally SC.

Any ideas or experience would be great. This is a great forum you have here and Im very happy to now be a member!

Attachments

• 1z4wuvd.jpg
    1z4wuvd.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 0