sorry for this..questions..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zen

ok then..not done supercharger setup before (diesel man me, up till finding this bloody site and hense fitting 1uz into range rover...so much cash...now i need a supercharger...)done plenty turbo setups,but all been on diesels..

so..got new m112 (for jag fitment,long nose)fitting to 1995 engine,8psi max.

where to fit?2 options..

1) standalone,above 1,3,5 and7 pots to one side,running plumbing to intercooler (air to air) and then to manifold....mafm,tb,prior to supercharger..disadvantage looks poo..

2) mounted on to inlet, inlet machined down,ali plate welded to manifold,supercharger mounted to that..downside,sticks out bonnet,no intercooler..will i be able to do this?(have not got supercharger yet, in post)..ie is there enough room on manifold?

next..engine breathing,what extra will i need to do apart from running rocker cover breather pipes to inlet of supercharger..

next..where/how does the idle control valve go, surely won't work where it is unless it gets its air feed from boosted side..(just answered my own question there i think..hmm need to think about that..)

next..its ok to mount tb,mafm before supercharger,so never sees boost..that seems the place to fit them..(or can they be feed forced air if needed..(if for instance mounting supercharger not on the manifold)

next..will i need larger injectors? (remember only 8psi max)if so size and what vehicle they from please..

next..ramping up fuel pressure..will the standard fitment one work, or it not work on boost just vac..?

next...want to keep standard ecu for the timebeing..(cost and keeping downtime low..ie need to fit in anight (at work in warm workshop) once got everything ready to go)

next ..boost..how to keep to 8psi,but to get boost asap,lower the revs the better, as after more low down torques rather than max top end power?is it just via the gearing, i assume blowoff valve essential (just in case)

next..where to buy pulleys.ones you reccomend??rather modify and make..

anything else i have forgotten/tips please do tell..

sorry so long,but am sure a few helpful pointers will save me hours of "bugger thats why you dont do it that way" times..thanks

ok then..not done supercharger setup before (diesel man me, up till finding this bloody site and hense fitting 1uz into range rover...so much cash...now i need a supercharger...)done plenty turbo setups,but all been on diesels..

Hehehe join the club. The supercharger bug seems to be going around at the moment. Several die hard turbo guys here are now building supercharged motors, so you'll have plenty of company.

so..got new m112 (for jag fitment,long nose)fitting to 1995 engine,8psi max.

A number of people have tried the Jag M112 and its intercoolers, but I don't think anyone except Jordy's Ski Boat has succeeded in fitting it to a 1UZ.

where to fit?2 options..

1) standalone,above 1,3,5 and7 pots to one side,running plumbing to intercooler (air to air) and then to manifold....mafm,tb,prior to supercharger..disadvantage looks poo..

What? On a V8? Not a chance, if you still want to close the hood/bonnet.

2) mounted on to inlet, inlet machined down,ali plate welded to manifold,supercharger mounted to that..downside,sticks out bonnet,no intercooler..will i be able to do this?(have not got supercharger yet, in post)..ie is there enough room on manifold?

Now this is the proper way to do a Roots or a twinscrew, but suggest you get a whole new inlet manifold. Take a deep breath, it's only money, and at the end of the day, a decent supercharger setup won't be "that" much more than a twin turbo setup, if it's more at all.

next..engine breathing,what extra will i need to do apart from running rocker cover breather pipes to inlet of supercharger..

That's about it. The beauty of a SC setup is you only have to fool with the intake side of the motor. No exhaust mods.

next..where/how does the idle control valve go, surely won't work where it is unless it gets its air feed from boosted side..(just answered my own question there i think..hmm need to think about that..)

The IACV will go either on the TB itself (GM style) or can be fitted to the inlet elbow on the supercharger (Toyota/Lexus style).

MAF can be left in the stock position if it's capable of handling the additional airflow, or a bigger MAF can be fitted.

next..its ok to mount tb,mafm before supercharger,so never sees boost..that seems the place to fit them..(or can they be feed forced air if needed..(if for instance mounting supercharger not on the manifold)

TB should be left on the suction side of the supercharger, especially if the SC is mated to the manifold. You'll also need a bypass/recycle valve that unloads the SC when the engine is cruising or at idle. That can be built into the SC (in the case of most M112's), or it can be integrated into the manifold.

next..will i need larger injectors? (remember only 8psi max)if so size and what vehicle they from please..

next..ramping up fuel pressure..will the standard fitment one work, or it not work on boost just vac..?

Bigger injectors should be on your list with an M112. Depending on how crazy you want to go with the final boost figure, there are 315's, 460's, etc. that are PnP. There's a page on www.lextreme.com that shows the different sizes that are available.

next...want to keep standard ecu for the timebeing..(cost and keeping downtime low..ie need to fit in anight (at work in warm workshop) once got everything ready to go)

You "might" be able to fool the stock ECU into working if you upgrade both the MAF and the injectors by an equal amount.

next ..boost..how to keep to 8psi,but to get boost asap,lower the revs the better, as after more low down torques rather than max top end power?is it just via the gearing, i assume blowoff valve essential (just in case)

Some would say just blow off the extra boost, but if you're running a MAF, it's not going to be too happy about losing that air, and your driveability will suffer. I would get one of the Whipple dual port actuators for your bypass/recycle valve. One port works on vacuum, so it'll actuate the recycle valve in the normal manner, while the 2nd port works from boost, so you should be able to adapt a turbo boost controller to work with it. In this way, you can run a 2:1 pulley ratio, to get the boost early. Keep in mind the M112 and most superchargers don't like to be driven much above 14,000 RPM, so if you're running a 2:1 ratio, 7,000 RPM will be your engine redline.

next..where to buy pulleys.ones you reccomend??rather modify and make..

Most industrial supply houses sell pulleys that can be adapted, and a number of the supercharger suppliers do as well.

anything else i have forgotten/tips please do tell.

Be thinking about how you want to drive this supercharger. Do you want to use the standard serp belt? Probably should upgrade it to an 8 rib, and/or perhaps a dedicated drive for just the supercharger. 8 psi shouldn't be too hard to get from an 8 rib or even the OEM serp belt, but boost/power can be addictive....

Also consider how you're going to cool the charge air. The M112 isn't a very efficient charger once you get above 8 or 10 psi, and it's going to heat the air up a bunch. Consider either a W2A package, integrated inside the intake manifold, or a Methanol/Water injection system.

sorry so long,but am sure a few helpful pointers will save me hours of "bugger thats why you dont do it that way" times..thanks

Unless you're a very good fabricator/welder, I would highly recommend you try to acquire either a Bullet or a Richwood supercharger manifold, and top plate. It'll save you many hours and lots of money in the long run.

thanks...

let the fun begin..manifold mount then..no intercooler for now..8psi max...quite keen on diy manifold..just to say i did that..like the rest of car..(note1)

note1....subject to change ;)

the snout from other cars can be fitted, the lightning m112 snout is like 40mm shorter.
im hoing one of these wil let me fit the jaguar m112 i have to my soarer

I couldn't catch what car you're running the boosted 1UZ on. ;) For 8 psi of boost, you don't have to worry about MAF or fuel injectors. For an economical and easy setup, increasing the fuel pressure with the FMU preferably with 12:1 ratio, and a 255 lph hf-hp fuel pump.

I believe more than a handful of our members run 8-9 psi with the root supercharger setup that run fine without the intercooler.

1 thing I learned setting up a boosted car is to always have a boost gauge installed. I wouldn't trust on the spec of the wastegate spring (turbo) or pulley (supercharger).

I think Richwood or Bullet have the supercharger manifold for the M112.

Seem like you have a fun project. :D

steve the jag m112 is nothing like the cobra/lightning m112, it doesnt have the bolt holes in that location, it would take some work to fit it with the bullet manifold

Does the Jag M112 have the integral bypass valve?

I was going to use my M112 with a Richwood manifold, and the top plate that was provided was nothing like the M112 bolt pattern I had. It was for a charger that was much shorter, so perhaps it was for the Jag?

The jag m112 doesnt have a bypass valve, its intergrated into the throttle body that bolts behind to the inlet.
I dont think it was for the jag charger as its quite long, and doesnt have bolt holes to mount the charger, as the inlet has a plate that divides the air into the 2 coolers, thats the only bolt has on the inlet face