Solara Sleeper

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

syen2003

I have a 2001 Solara SLE V6 with the stock 1MZ-FE engine. Interested in swapping to the 3UZ-FE from a SC430. What issues will I need to address?

I'm assuming:
1. Automatic > Manual transmission
2. FWD > RWD
3. Mounts?
4. Adapters?
5. Gears and pulleys and etc?

Also would it be more advantageous and less trouble but equally satisfying to just get the TRD supercharger?

Get the TRD blower. No parts available to make it happen except a flywheel/bellhousing kit and the total price to get a manual attached to a 1uz is around $2000 and up. Prepare for custom mounts, tearing your floor up to fit a transmission and driveshaft. The engine is transversely mounted from the factory so there was no space engineered for a transmission/D-shaft tunnel. Then you'll need the entire rear subframe, axles, custom d-shaft and control arms and differential from a RWD vehicle. The blower will get you to the sc430 motor anwyay and it will most likely cost thousands less unless your going to do all the work yourself.

Last edited:
I'd really hate to be the one to tell you that you can't do it, but it's sooooooooooooooo much easier to build that 1MZ-FE.