SOCAL TUNER NEEDED (VVTI sc400 swap)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spf_lexus

I have a 1992 chassis with a 1999 computer, engine, transmission, harness and I need someone who knows what their doing to get this thing running. I do not have the transponder key (if it has one) and no BCM modules (if it has them). I have no idea if it can be wired properly. I bought this setup believing that I could make this work but i was mistaken. The chassis harness is a 1992 but the entire engine loom/ecu is original 1999. I have swapped fuel rails to keep the 1992 fuel return loop as is. I can tow this vehicle any distance in socal as long as its between LA and SD.

The car is 100% stock with the only mods being a battery relocation + electric fan and the fuel rails (stock injectors).

Sean

Attachments

• 40 ford 003.JPG
    40 ford 003.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 35
if it has security i can get it working
but i have to buy a new key and reader and immob ecu and wir eit up and link it all
then if u want a good job i would also need yr old 1992 sc400 loom so i can make the loom virtually plug straight in
cost will be anywhere from around 2000 to 3000 grand im guessing depending on parts
but i can try get some parts 2nd hand from japan but new keys
so without getitng those prices its hard to quote and i woul dneed most fo it upfront incase u change yr mind and i get stuck with the parts

so i guess its easier to go aftermarket but make sure the tuner can mak eit run as good as factory with more power
the vvti also runs fly by wire so have u got the pedal

u shoudl have done research on this motor as its a major job to get it running
even on aftermarket ecu

I have sold an engine to another custome with the similar setup. He somehow can bypass the security system and it is running right now. Been a long time and lost his contract info.

Hey lex to bypass the security means cracking ecu
Which also means being able to tune it
Which if he did he would be hailed a god on here
Maybe he just wired the security in as I've
Done plenty of diesel toyotas and I wire up
The immobilizer ecu and key stuff but the shop always makes sure to get complete dash wiring and keys
I have factory Toyota diagnosis prog so can easily prog
Extra keys but u need the orig key
To prog a key without an orig bit more
Involved

I'm sorry it didn't work out, it is a good thing you are willing to experiment though, don't let it stop you from more projects. Do you have good enough credit to just find yourself a 98sc?

Thanks wdoherty,

Im on a college budget right now and I dont even own a credit card so i guess finding a used 98+ is out. The VVT sc400's cost between 8-10k so it doesnt really qualify as a "budget build", but I sure would if I could.

I have always been the nutty type to try things others have not, but then again there is always a price for being the 1st. I know how to do the swap now, its just a matter of finding a 98+ half cut for a decent price. Basically I had half the parts i needed to make it a true "bolt-up swap".

As for security, its not like its a magical black box that I can bypass with a couple splices, it MUST be inside the ECU as Sideshow stated. I checked every inch of the harness and there is nothing between the engine and the ECU that has anything to do with security, so reading wiring diagrams and chasing wires just isnt possible.

Lesson learned! :eek:

the immobiliser box is usually under the dash near the steering wheel on a RHD car

its bout size of a cigarette packet usually
and should have "immobiliser" written on it
well the diesel motors i do have that
the key reader sits around the outside of ignition barrel

There is a place I ordered the shifter from that said they had a 1998 for a long time and its got the majority of everything still on it. If i grabbed the immobilizer + key reader + ignition barrel and used Lex's 98 body harness, would all I need is to have the reader match the new key?

u need to match the immobiliser ecu to the ecu
and the key to the immobiliser

ring the guys who can do the keys and tell them what parts u have and see what they can do

u will prob have to send em yr ecu and the immob unit
tell them the immob unit is from a differnet car but similar motor

you possibly use the type of DEI Bypass (the adaptive/predictive kind) used in remote starters for 98+ ls/gs/sc cars and wire it up to run all the time.

I already re-conditioned the original engine, the VVT is a failed project. Mostly due to lack of modules/key/transponder. If I was done with school I would make this work, but budgets and my time table forced me out of this one.

Hey pure
Do they work if there is no immob ecu
Or key and reader
Also would they work on Japanese cars

if there's no immobilizer ecu (on vvti 1uz its integrated with the ECU iirc) then what's the need for bypassing it? the LS is a japanese car?

Most 1uz vvti have security
Some toyotas also have an immobilizer
Ecu and everything is coded
So u need everything of matched set fit engine
To start
So um not sure if themproduxt your talking
About can bypass this immobilizer
An ls400 is same as a Celsior in japan
And in japan most cars after 2000 or 2002
Started having immobilizers in them
Which u can't bypass on toyotas