So I got bored tonight right..... (1.4meg worth of pics)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I'm glad i'm not the only one that had a dirty engine/gearbox - but I would have to say that I think I win in the dirty engine contest :(

I also have to say that's not a bad effort for a sunday! :)

I have learnt that how ever long you think it will take you to do something - triple that and then double it just about comes close to the time it actually takes!

Damn fine effort there! Photo's seem to make it look so easy and quick!

My first motor looked like that when I bought it.
I'd say its been sitting out in the rain in an importers yard for a few years.

Make sure you strip the starter motor and clean out all the rust, get new plugs, and service the injectors at a very minimum.

Believe it or not, it was in a half cut. The pulgs look very new and the motor was started and hot tested when I bought it. It's a very sweet sounding motor and still sounds very tight. Just a shame it was so dirty!

It will do for now to get my car started and will then look into other 'maintenance' stuff when the car is running.

Thanx for the input!

Cheers.

Status looks a bit like

42.jpg

If you are referring to the red car, it was bent, and full of rust.
Not ideal for a project.

If you are not referring to the red car, I have no idea what you are on about.

Ok, got the latest revision of the mounts.
I had to completely redesign them this time.

The motor now sits 22mm further forward of the crossmember than the cressida, and 8mm higher.
But has about 8-10mm clearance to the crossmember, as opposed to my cressida, which has about 1-2.

I'll be putting the motor in my Soarer on friday night, should know then if they are ready for production.

Now for the pics.

crossmember_fitted_001.jpg

crossmember_fitted_002.jpg

Uses factory LS400 sump, LS400 dipstick and LS400 oil filter housing, but with a 90deg adaptor for extra clearance. May fit without adaptor, not 100% sure.
crossmember_fitted_007.jpg

The Soarer engine bay (see if you can stop any difference between it and the MA61 bay).
crossmember_fitted_010.jpg

More pics at
http://conceptual.net.au/~peewee/uza61/800/
crossmember_fitted_0xx.jpg etc