Smoking Turbo Solved

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I have been screeming why my car exhaust would smoke after a boosting. Its worst especially when blow off valve is activated. I finally solve this problem one and for all. I would like to share my experience with you.

The problem was not tuning, its not oil pressure nor its a return line. The problem was my Tial BOV was mounted little too far from the intake and the vacuum line is too long and shared by WG. During a hard acceleration the excessive pressurized air would forced back to the turbo compressor and the pressure from the compressure would force the oil of the turbo to go into the turbine and smoke from the buring of oil from the turbine and exhaust. Normally the BOV would open first and release all the pressurized air. Secondly, the Tial BOV is not adjustable and the response is little too slow forcing the pressurized air into the compressor.

I added another BOV closer to the intake pipe (closer to the maf). The smoke got little better. However, it didnt eliminate all the smoke. I decided not to share the vacuum signal from the WG and BOV. I ran a shorter dedicated BOV vacuum line and the problem solve.

What i am trying to say is that i am a happy man now. Boosting 18 psi daily.... I will be down sizing the injectors from 550cc to 450cc. The car is boosting very nice with some hestitation at around 4000 rpm. Dyno tune when i get some more money hobby money...lol

I'm happy for you that the smoking problem is solved. :veryhappy What car are you boosting at that impressive 18 psi? Is it a tubo or supercharger? Does the car have only a rebuilt torque converter or a complete rebuilt tranny? I'm really looking to have my torque converter rebuilt by you or your shop in the near future. You're the man!

David, I got it. That's your LS you're talking about. One more question, what have you done to your tranny? I heard that the stock SC/LS tranny would break after 450 rwhp. But it seems like you've already passed that range with 18 psi.