shiney engine

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

nzsimon

Not sure if polishing the engine is modifying it but here is the result of many evenings so far I haven't polished the head yet hence it is still a bit dull

The hardest bit is getting all the ridges off the whole engine is covered in them

still have a lot to do have actually worn a dremel out the front bearing is so knackered that it gets too hot to hold

Great job.

A little trick: find someone with a bead blaster and blast the pieces with either crushed walnut shell or crush corn cobb blasting media. It does wonders for giving aluminum a nice polished finish and makes life so much easier.

That's awesome! Personally, I'm of the clean it. Then paint it silver crowd.

Because it's sooooo much less work LoL!

MVC-122F.jpg
MVC-125F.jpg

niz 1st picture works, second is a red X.

today I did the head and the other side there is so much mess my wife hates me I not only had to clean me but the shower as well

Also got the trans back from the shop and painted it with some etch primer tomoorrow I will gloss it the bellhousing is of course polished I did that months ago

just Great

Now if one on my customers see's that they will want me to do it as well . Not in a million years.
Are you taking orders for polishing i have few blocks and heads you could polish. i know how you feel with the dremel what you need is a proper polishing head like the shoe repair guys use or an old dentist drill.
I do understand its an addictive thing polished alloy and billet things . i got over my addiction years ago after polishing a gm blower by hand . It cured me forever.

But you enjoy your self its better than fighting with your wife after coming home late from the pub.:hypnotized:

Great work. oz.

Daaayum Simon, I would almost rather put that puppy in my living room with a glass top on it, than put it in that nasty old engine bay where it's going to get dirty!

Matter of fact, I've got a spare block I wouldn't mind making a coffee table out of. What's your going rate for a full polish of a shortblock (hehehe)?

Finished

I have finished it really glad to have that in the past

I still have to paint the sump which is why it's not on there Toyota paint it with some yukky crinkle paint but it wipes off with thinners so that is all good

The top half is all polished as well just not bolted on in this picture finally got the headers back from Pro coat they had to redo them as they bubbled