shiney engine

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yeah, I do v6, not the v8's. I'm too cheap. :p
Just the OEM intake manifold with the ports cleaned out abit. Here's the top half of the manifold with the ACIS flap pulled out.
IAC-ACIS.jpg

We have it pretty lucky on ours. The manifold is alittle bleh. Split manifold (The pleumn, and throttle body standoff length is split top & bottom. You can see rear bank curves to the bottom, front bank curves to the top) rpm. (It's about 800rpm too late.) The tapered port diameter & 15.5" length to the valve face works out too big & short for the OEM engine. But once you do some cleaning up in the pleumn chamber & it's divider. Then feed it some FI it tends to work out really well. The runners only differ about ant an inch in length between them. Pretty nifty relative to alot of other OEM ones.

Best intake manifold is the vvt-i 1uz/3uz tho. That thing is hot with the ACIS circling around the pluemn & the valves in the bottom of it. Very, very trick for an OEM. Saves all the hassle of dual runners & wierd restrictive pleumn design too.

Great work on the polish job...Looks tedious to do, but beautiful. Didn't someone polish their early 1UZ intake and post up pics? I can't seem to find that pic. Can anybody post it up?

Thanks,

Ryan

wow. that is awesome. i wantd to polish my block too, but in my car its not really visible so kind of pointless untill it reaches show stage and id have to chuck mirrors under it.
how come you're painting the sump, not chroming it?

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t218/340i/DSCF4849Small.jpg
(my engine bay, not the best shot; cant really see the full extent of the mods and polishing thats been done to the intake, water bridges, engine mounts, alternator, etc)

Best intake manifold is the vvt-i 1uz/3uz tho. That thing is hot with the ACIS circling around the pluemn & the valves in the bottom of it. Very, very trick for an OEM. Saves all the hassle of dual runners & wierd restrictive pleumn design too.

Hey Toysrme, i'd like to tap your thoughts further on the UZ intake. I currently have the non VVT intake and we have identified that as a likely bottleneck in a FI setup....not restrciting hp per se (although eventually it obviously will) but more limiting the rpm of peak hp. My peak hp tops out around 5400rpm regardless of boost and same has been seen on a number of different engines. The one engine we know of where the only variable changed was the intake makes peak hp over 6500rpm. If i could manage this with my engine i'd make close to 500rwkw from just an intake swap :)

After much debate the suspect is the runner length and the boundary layer effect. In your opinion do you think this could still be a limiting factor with the VVTi inlet?....i've just bought a set of VVTi heads and intake.

Apologies for the thread hijack but hopefully interesting to all...might need a new thread?