seized intake stud

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tom steele

i have tried everything to get these out huge chanlocks pliers locking pliers to welding a large nut to the top but it just shears right off wtf and of course who ever did this intake last time screwed up three out of the four studs. all this to rebuild my starter. anyone have any ideas? i also tried to use a torch to heat up around the bolt has well but it did not help. have tried all my tricks looking for new ones

These are the 8mm studs that screw into the head? They have 12mm nuts on them.

If the nuts are siezed on the studs I'd cut the nuts off with a cold chisel and hammer than replace all the studs.

Alternatively drill the nuts down two sides then try undoing them.

I know it may be insulting to you but they are right hand thread. Turn to the left or anti- clockwise to loosen. Sorry if I'm out of line.

I've had the 4 studs on the water bridges give me a hard time in the past, but torching them at their bases caused the thread locking compound to loosen, then I simply double-nutted them and cranked them right out after that.

yes its the four studs for the intake manifold i just need a hotter torch the little propane isn't cutting it i guess. i will try to weld some nuts on there again and let them cool then heat the block around the stud with a better torch and try again.