1UZFE SEIZED!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sterling1

HI all
ive jst been given the terrible news that my motor seized by the mechanic after building my 1uzfe hilux for nearly a year now this happens jst had my link installed and then this im gutted to say the least,but my motor did have a start up warranty when purchased jst the guy from the wreckers said spray CRC down the seized pistons and see if it frees up but he said if it smokes i can get a exchange motor still but im worried even if it doesnt smoke and seems ok will in fact my motor be sick on the inside still???the guy reckons it has happened plenty times before and motors have been swt even with sticky lifters i think he said,my problem is do i jst get a swap motor and conver everything over or if the CRC idea works and motor is ok do i run with it??

any help or ideas greatly appreciated
thanks lance

I wouldn't pay for a seized motor, even if CRC 'fixes' it. Unless you only paid for it with a slab of beer....

Well if he's prepared to give you an exchange motor after it's been sitting for a year and smokes then count yourself lucky. most wreckers only give a 90 day warranty from date of purchase

That is a pain. It was such a clean tidy motor inside too. Give us a yell if you need a hand swapping it over. Also depends where it is seized. They are prone to locking up in the cams after sitting for a while. I oil the bores when I compression test the motors if they will be sitting for a while. Cheers Kelvin

yea jst bad luck i surpose KELVIN thanks for the offer but im jst gunna swap it over myself shouldnt be 2 hard jst takeme twice as long as you at least id say,and it was seized in 2 pistions and the crc didnt free it up
ohh well cheers guys