scan tool for 1uzfe...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jtjerry

I think that scann tool will be very useful in tune up ours cars especially with bigger injectors. Then we are in closed loop we shoul know long/short time emrichment and so on...
Is there any scan tool that work with our cars with OBDI (NOT obdII)?
thanks
Jerry

Mountain Instrument in Australia sells a scan tool that reads all Toyota's, including those (Japanese Crown) the Toyota tool won't.

At $5,000+ (Australian) I don't think any of us don't have one!

i have a snap on scannig tool whioch i connect to the round plug under the drivers side of dash

it will not work of the square plug in the engine bay

so on a conversion u actually have to wire this plug in if u remove the excess wiring

but my scanner is afew years old and its abit slow to refresh the data

but for what u want like tuning side of things u need an air fuel ratio meter

a scan tool wont be much help unless u have a problem

you cant adjust anything on std ecu so unless u have a problem they are pretty useless

I want tunepiggy back with larger injectors so must know short/long trim from scanner to adjust injectors in closed loop. that scan will help a lot...

the scan tool will show what the std ecu is sending out

if u have a piggy back ecu changing the outputs then how is the scan tool goin to be correct

scan toll will only work properly on std ecu and nothing else for the purpose u want it for

scan tools cost 5 times more than an o2 meter so just buy an o2 meter

i bought an lm1 with the extra dataloging unit for 800 aussie bucks

u can data log then upload it to laptop

can do alot fo stuff

An O2 meter won't show the injector dwell/duration, is that why you want the scanner?
It would be nice to know when you are slipping back into open loop mode, but not necessary to tune.

thanks
but is it not strange that every car community have scan tool /program for ecu data streams but only toyota do not have one for obd1? even supra guys do not know any that program/scann tool.... :(

u can buy a unit called techtom made in japan

usually made for nissans and toyotas

price is about 400 to 600 aussie dollars i think

but all they tell u is the basics

tps
idle
air flow meter voltage
speed
revs
maybe afew more

but u have to understand that a scan tool is for checking for errors
not for tuning

injetor millisecon mght be ok to know but its useless unless u have an air fuel ratio meter

u should learn more about how to tune a car and then u might understand what sort of tools u need

i would rather pay 600 bucks for an o2 meter than a scan tool