Cool new tool!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
Just picked up one of the coolest little new tools and wanted to share:

00911586000.jpg

It's a Craftsman battery powered inflator. Now before you say it's just a hokey gimmick, I initially felt the same way about these and that's why I haven't bought one. But then until very recently, I also felt the same way about Gearwrenches and now I find them indispensable.

So, since one of my kids gave me a $50 Craftsman gift card for Father's Day (bless her heart), I splurged and bought this little puppy. It uses Sears' C3 19.2v batteries, so when I got home, I simply pulled the spare C3 battery out of the charger (for my Craftsman C3 impact wrench), plugged it into the inflator and off we went.

Well, after airing up the first tire on the Ferrari, I was hopelessly hooked. I then proceeded to top up the air in all the Ferrari's tires, my wife's Suburban AND her spare, both of our bicycles, a basketball, three soccer balls, and one of the neighbor's Mercedes. And at the risk of making a complete fool of myself, I was considering visiting the other neighbors to see if I could top up their tires too. Yeah, I've got it pretty bad.....

But it's just too cool...... Not only does it top up tires quickly and efficiently, but it has a great little built in digital pressure gauge that lets you see what the pressure is before, during, and after fillup. And get this - it reads in tenths of a psi. None of that hokey 1/2 a psi stuff, and I cross checked it with a calibrated racing tire gauge, and it's accurate!

But wait......there's more... You can even program the gauge to cut the tool off at whatever pressure you want. Isn't that just too cool?

And for only $45? Jeez, I can't remember the last time I had this much fun with a tool this cheap ("G" rated fun, that is :D)

I think I'm going to go get one this weekend. I really dislike having to deal with airing up the big compressor and winding out 50' of hose just because one of my half dozen cars has a tire that's low every other day. definately worth the money to not deal with the hassle. I wonder if bosch makes one so it'll work with my batteries I already have?

Yea, I have to say that walking to the car with a tool the size of a portable drill, and airing it all up in less than 5 minutes was a very liberating experience, compared to firing up the compressor, unreeling the hose, etc.

Don't know if Bosch make these - they probably do, 'cause Sears' tools are usually made by others and just repackaged.

unfortunately due to to many failures, and a really really bad experience with their customer service I pretty much have nothing to d owith sears tools anymore. I have whole pile of hand tools that need replacing. The most disturbing part about the tools is that they're all newer tools. I have a lot of the earlier models that belonged to my grandfather that still work without failure. I personally believe that their quality isn't what is used to be. I think the bean counters got to thir metalurgy dept.