scan tool?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jtjerry

hi
is there any scan tool (say program for laptop or palm and interface) for UZ OBD1 engines?
asking cause in dsm we have a lot scan tools for engine (some are free) and that helps a lot for repairing and tuning.
I thinking about really scanner not code reader (we can read codes with paper clip)
thanks
Jerry
btw I saw one (japanese I think) but it cost $400 !!!! That sick

so looks as toyota community havo no free scan tool? that albost impossibile to me...

Attachments

• Mercedes-Benz-SLR-McLaren-Engine-1280x960.jpg
    Mercedes-Benz-SLR-McLaren-Engine-1280x960.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 763
Scan tools

Hi JTJerry, I'm sorry don,t know of a toyota scanner available. i don,t think there is one out there, most people on this board seem to rely on error codes on the dash display.
A few days ago you mentioned scan tools for dsm i also own a mitsi gto that surges, can you suggest a site with a free scanner for a palm or laptop.
Regards
Lambo

You can get a scanner in Australia that does all Toyota engines, including the Crown, which the Toyota Dealer can't scan.

The scanner is sold by Mountain Instruments. Cost around AU$5,000.00.

Apparently more than a thousand have been sold in Australia so locating a workshop with a scanner shouldn't be too hard.

As you may have guessed I don't have one. I could buy 6 spare engines for that much.