Project Thread SC400T (Lextreme's Version)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I wish I could take a few days of sick leaves to finish this...LOL. :biggrin: Building the downpipe & the wastegate pipe will be faster than the manifold because there's more room to work around.

Running that DP on the passenger side, huh Steve? Only way to run it unless you dump the AC...Not an option IMHO. Yeah, once you get in there, the room gets tight quickly, and you have to fab some nice plumbing to make it all fit, but it will fit...Nice work. I am curious to see how the SC performs with the single, larger turbo than the smaller twins...

Great work Steve...Now get it done so we can see it, and so you can do the work on my dash...:006:

Ryan

Gents,
I'm having a little update. The turbo is inside the engine bay. I'll post other pictures when the downpipe is done and the car is running.

Attachments

• 440 inj turbo std eng.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 15
Boy I don't know about the hell all that heat from the turbo will place on the belt and all the bearing grease. Remember that turbo is going to be red hot. You better make enough room in there so you can wrap a thick heat blanket over that.

You gents have good points. And I've already planned them out.

I understand there's no more room for the downpipe to go back the same way as the manifold. Therefore, I'll run two 2" pipes right under the crossmembers to gain some ground clearance. I'll flatten the pipes to 1", including the 90 degree angles. Then, 2" will become 2.25" right after the crossmembers.

For heat, I'll use thermo wrap so there shouldn't be any heat problem. I don't want to BBQ any steak there.

Have you made any progress on this in the past couple weeks? It looks like it is really coming along. You should be torching the roadways in no time.

How much power do you think you will be able to manage with the stock injectors on stock compression? Are you intending to run the stock ECU for the first stage of your build? Do you have any boost controller in your set up?

Have you made any progress on this in the past couple weeks? It looks like it is really coming along. You should be torching the roadways in no time.

How much power do you think you will be able to manage with the stock injectors on stock compression? Are you intending to run the stock ECU for the first stage of your build? Do you have any boost controller in your set up?
The project is still rolling. The manifold and wastegate are completely done. I'm currently building a downpipe for it and 1/2 of it is done.

From what I heard from the pioneers who have done this, I'm looking to make at least 300 to near 400 rwhp with the maximum of 12 psi on stock or slightly larger injectors as I'll experiment on them. I'll be running stock ECU with FMU and a hi-pressure hi-flow fuel pump.

I'm not using a boost controller. I only use a wastegate at a fixed psi. The spring might be changed when I increase more boost. I'm currently having 8 psi & 14 psi springs. The actual psi might be around 6 psi or 12 psi when it reaches the opening stage.

The rear exhaust section is almost complete. I'll only need to ceramic coat the downpipe & wastegate dump pipe (I'm still thinking about wrapping them like the manifold), run the pipes from the compressor housing to the intercooler, to the TB, install the fuel pump & FMU, colder spark plugs, rebuilt torque converter, and it'll be running. I'll post the pictures when it's done.

looking good guys :) looks like i will have to do the same as this setup as in the IS200 there is not much room to do anything else, i have tried but im not haveing much luck with it....so over the next 2 to 3 days i will have ago at doing it the same as this, i will let you know how i get on.

keep up the good work guys :)

A little update. The downpipe & complete exhaust system are done. Driver size of the intercooler is done. Next week will be complete with the intercooler's passenger size, along with the fuel pump & the FMU, and hopefully the oil lines.

1 thing that scared me is that I found the front & rear bumper reinforcement bars are missing. I think the body shop who installed the body kit didn't put them back. I'm so lucky that I wasn't involved in any front & rear accidents. :yawn: I won't go back to that shop again.

Do any of you who knows a place that sells used reinforcement bars & the foams?

A little update. The downpipe & complete exhaust system are done. Driver size of the intercooler is done. Next week will be complete with the intercooler's passenger size, along with the fuel pump & the FMU, and hopefully the oil lines.

1 thing that scared me is that I found the front & rear bumper reinforcement bars are missing. I think the body shop who installed the body kit didn't put them back. I'm so lucky that I wasn't involved in any front & rear accidents. :yawn: I won't go back to that shop again.

Do any of you who knows a place that sells used reinforcement bars & the foams?

Hi mate, can i ask how big that intercooler is?? looking good :)

Project is looking good. I think I may be going this route with my setup as well.