Project Thread SC400T (Lextreme's Version)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Late model 911 shouldn't be a problem on the highway, provided you're tuned properly. The lag shouldn't be too bad either with the stock intake runners being made for good response.

John,
If you turbocharge your SC, then you may be able to keep the SS headers. You'll run the turbo pipes after the headers. It's easy to keep 1 header. It might need a lot more work if you'll keep both headers. You may still either keep the NOS or ditch it to make it more simpler in the fuel/timing setup. Or if you decide to go for a centrifugal supercharger, you'll keep your custom exhaust system. You'll have better performance than those with only the supercharger setup.

I know a stock turbo SC can't keep up with the 911 on curved roads, but there've been sereval Japanese SCs that run with all kinds of other cars at the professional tracks. I believe they're heavily customed in weight and suspension systems. Regards to handling, I still missed 1 of my Hondas. It handled around curves like a hot knife cutting butter. It's smooth, quick, balance, and crisp. It gave me the feeling of the roads. I drove around the entrance and existing freeway ramps at 60-70 mph with no problems.

Gents: If you decide to single turbo, and have SS Headers, I have a set of flanges already laser cut and ready to go...I do not need them for my setup...Let me know.

Thanks,

Ryan

How is it coming steve? Get some pics bro, keep us updated. I'm proud of you for what you did. You'll be the first single turbo SC4 in our socal group.
John save up and lets get your ride boosting too buddy. Like steve said, once you go turbo you dont want to go back to NA. Some times when I got off work I'm dead tired and stress out. But when I got into my car to drive home and hear those turbos whine. It bring a smile to my face.

How is it coming steve? Get some pics bro, keep us updated. I'm proud of you for what you did. You'll be the first single turbo SC4 in our socal group.
John save up and lets get your ride boosting too buddy. Like steve said, once you go turbo you dont want to go back to NA. Some times when I got off work I'm dead tired and stress out. But when I got into my car to drive home and hear those turbos whine. It bring a smile to my face.

Everything is all right, James. I've just received the 50 mm wastegate yesterday. It's freaking huge. It has 2" inlet and outlet. I should have gone with a 40 mm wastegate instead. The reason was because I don't want to have any boost creep with this China "HKS Style" wastegate when it reaches its maximum capacity. If it was an authentic HKS, then I'd surely gone with a 40 mm. I'll see how it'll turn out. If it won't work, then I can modify it anytime.

Everything is all right, James. I've just received the 50 mm wastegate yesterday. It's freaking huge. It has 2" inlet and outlet. I should have gone with a 40 mm wastegate instead. The reason was because I don't want to have any boost creep with this China "HKS Style" wastegate when it reaches its maximum capacity. If it was an authentic HKS, then I'd surely gone with a 40 mm. I'll see how it'll turn out. If it won't work, then I can modify it anytime.

Any update on the project? Also, do you mind telling me were you purchased the rebuilt turbo?
I'm way too busy so there's nothing much to update, so I'm keeping it on-hold. I've just removed all of the exhaust sections, including all the cats. It was a pain in the ass for this removal because I had to crawl under there. There's no much room & leverage to move around. I had to dremel-cut 2 stripped & rusted nuts...:hypnotized: I'll try the turbo manifold on this weekend.

I purchased this rebuilt Garrett turbo on Ebay. It looks like new and is in perfect condition. If you happen to buy a non-working turbo, then you can have it rebuilt at www.turbocity.com.

I can't wait for this project to be completed!:)
I surely want to single turbo my sc400 in the near future ( we're talking less than half a year) using a GT35R wooo! can't wait!

I just watched a horsepower TV show yesterday where they used a standard new Vette and mounted two exhaust turbo's on the rear of the exhaust, ran an intercooler in front of the radiator, ran oil lines to the twin rear turbo's, tuned the ECU, installed larger injectors, blow off valve, and that was it..No real exhaust mod's like reverse headers, more piping, etc......The car dyno'd over 500whp and ran strong...It looked to be a simple and effective setup with only a few mods.....However, the turbo's mounted in that fashion does expose them more to the ground elements which I don't like....Why aren't more people mounting their turbo's like that?..That set up was hidden from view, and the car was then able to pass state emissions as they tested for fun........It ran excellent and you could hear the turbo's more clearly with them mounted near the back end of the exhaust... The sound was fantastic...It appears to be a better path to take then a front turbo mount...

It is my understanding once you turbo charge any SC400's there is no chance to pass smog checks...Can somebody explain why they won't pass smog once turbo charged?... I am not concerned about my car passing smog once boosted, but just wondering why? Does the fuel and air mix get thrown off, too rich or something?

I've recently talked to someone and he told me he had personally seen a turbo mounted on the rear exhaust section and it worked great.

A custom turbo system will be failed for smog check due to the visual inspection, although it's tuned correctly. It's seen right away with all the pipes. All 50 state smog legal turbo kits or supercharger kits that have low boost (from 5-7 psi) and they use only with the FMU and the hi-flow fuel pump. For mild boost to high boost, a tuner is more onto the safe side without damaging an engine so running rich is usual.