sc400 trans trouble

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tetnt07

I have a 1992 sc400 with a 1uzfe and auto trans. the problem is that every morning i have to let the car warm-up for at least 10 mins. before
it will go into any gear, then it will only go into drive (no reverse).
after i drive about a block reverse will work, and for the rest of the day everything is fine. does this ring any bells ?. the fluid level is fine and the trans has been serviced regulary i would really apreaciat any help anyone could give. thank you.

u got troubles

doesn't sound good brother, maybe just a line pressure problem, hopefully. by the way, does anybody out there know of anyone making lower gears for the sc4's, besides switching to a torsen?

As an auto gets older,the O-ring seals dry out and deteriorate. When you start the vehicle, specially on colder mornings, it takes a little while for the oil to heat up, thereby heating those hardened seals and making them a little softer and therefore able to provide a better seal, so allowing the correct pressures to operate the auto correctly. The solution is recon the box. Do not sit it in drive and rev it until it works, just put it in park and idle for the required time. it will not get any better as the years roll by though and eventually you'll have to bite the bullet and get it fixed.