sc400 trans in ls400 issues

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spf_lexus

Just finished getting my other LS400 out to Colorado for school and it made the trip fine, except I never had a speedometer and my odometer never clocked a single mile of the 1500mile trip. I also get a check engine light if i put ECT to the "on" position, and it goes away after a few miles if I switch it off, or to normal. I know this is solelt a transmission issue with the ECU. im pretty sure there is a sensor out of range, just not sure what modifies the shift points w/ the ECT on.

Also, the gear shifts are a little too harsh, but not overwhelming. I know the A341e is electronicallt shifted, so im guessing the speed sensor is the culprit. I have a spare speed sensor from an original ls400 trans, along with another unknown sensor (black, small, 1-bolt mounted and has a pickup sensor tip on the end)

If I swapped out these 2 sensors from the original unit could I trick the ecu that the stock one is still in there? I know a lot is based off the speed sensor but wasn't sure if the plastoc gear on this sensor is drive or driven? If these pinion gears are the same then it's the internal gear ring that I needto swap out. I am really crossing my fingers that the sensor swap will cure it. I love these tight gears and if this works i will do the same swap on my LS470 project. My stock LS feels like it has a high stall TC.

Also, my Odometer isn't clocking mileage and my speedometer isn't working either, so could this be the speed sensor also?