SC400 should I keep a v8 or swap it to a 2JZ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

heat781

I need opinions on what is best for the sc400. I am planning to buy it within a month or so but my plans are on hold because i dont know much about the 2jz or the v8 engine.

N how much would it cost or estimate to change it to a 2jz with a 6 speed?

Or should I just keep the V8 and twin turbo it?

Please give me some insite on your opinion about the car. Thanks

Previous owner of a Honda so i know more about b-series and k-series swaps but wanted a RWD with class.:werd: :argue:

V8 for sure! i own a prelude vtec aswell so i know your used to high revving engines, the v8 is the better choice in my opinion, to swap the 2jz in and get the 6 speed will cost lots whereas a 1uz with a r154 and a little boost will be so much fun! i was considering the soarer v8 myself but i decided to save for a mkiv supra swap instead. search on here or toymods and you'll find info on manual swaps for soarers.

Heat, welcome to the forum. Use the search function as 2JZ swaps and 6 speed conversions have been discussed a bunch already, in great detail.

The short answer is that if you presently have a V8, keep it and just make more power with it either with a supercharger or turbo(s).

A 2JZ-GTE swap isn't impossible, but you need VERY deep pockets.

if your going FI you might want to think about the 1uz instead of the 2uz, the 2uz has weaker rods, some people have been swapping parts across from the different engines (1uz,2uz,3uz) but in my opinion the 1uz is nice and cheap and has a very strong bottom end, if you look at the pics of the ring lands on it and compare them to thos on an H22 vtec motor, they're a world apart (dont know about b and d series) 1uz has nice thick one's and hypereutectic pistons (i know i spelt that wrong but who the hell knows anyway!)

Be honest what is the diffrence between a 1uz from a 2uz or a 3uz I though the number ment if it was a twin or a single turbo wouldnt a stock 95 sc400 have a 2uz or just plain UZ? get back to me on that.

A man who has no clue about sc400 or JZ engines in general

the sc400 came with a 1uz, none of the v8's were turbo or SC from standard they just happen to accept boost very well, the difference between them is the way the capacity was gained, and difference in bottom end components also distance between piston bores, the liners are slightly different. if you search on here (which is brillaint for info) you'll find the differences between them, the 2uz is known to be slightly compromised on strength, i dont know if the thinner rods are lighter or not, i had thought that maybe the thinner ones might have been better for a built NA motor but maybe not. everyone had to start somewhere so dont worry about asking questions, this forum is a hell off a lot more inviting than any honda forum.

The 1UZ & 3UZ's are found only in Lexus vehicles and they had/have aluminum blocks.

The 2UZ is a Toyota engine, comes in the Tundra trucks and has a cast iron block.

Lots of differences between the models, and within the models themselves, but what lexman was saying about the rods is true. The early (<95) model 1UZ's had the nicest OEM rods of the lot. The 2UZ and 3UZ rods look puny by comparison.

Hey lexman, congratulations on your spelling. You got hypereutectic right even though you thought you didn't!

Questions are always welcomed, but do use the search function, 'cause someone's probably already asked it.

Good to hear you are staying V8. I couldn't figure out why you would by an SC400, and take the motor out, when you could just buy an SC300 and build it a little.