Where should I start on my 1UZFE SC400?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1UZSC

I'm 17 and about two years ago I got my first car, and it was the '96 non VVTi 1UZFE SC400. Everything is still completely stock [minus the rims because of a bend when I first got], but I'm confused on where I should start my mods. I'm about to start auto-x. It's an automatic, so should I worry about my transmission and suspension for now and worry about added hp later? I want to slowly build up, but I don't want to change something on the engine just to take it off later down the road, which leads me to my next set of questions. Should I even try to get VVTi or is it not really worth it? What would be better, supercharger or turbo? I know once I start getting around 400 hp I need to invest in better rods, but what would be the best?

Thanks.

IMG_9182.jpg

First off, I would do a lot of reading. Not only here, but on Clublexus too.

If you are interested in the manual swap, Jake Breyck on here is assisting a lot of people (especially state wide).

what's up guys, i'm a newbie to this site as well, just got a rough 92 sc400. i need all the help i can get. i have 1k questions and i don't know where to start. but i can tell u that really stoked to find this many people diggin on the sc4's. i am in arkansas, doesn't seem to be too many of us here.

First off, I would do a lot of reading. Not only here, but on Clublexus too.

If you are interested in the manual swap, Jake Breyck on here is assisting a lot of people (especially state wide).

hey,
I am also a newbie to the forum, just wondering if Jake Breyck does the complete swap for people? And what's his name on the forum.

If you are 17, stick with the stock car. Trust me, it won't take you very long to take out a quarter panel.

Go buy an old 240SX or something to autocross with, will serve you better (and probably be cheaper to mod)