Where should I buy my injectors?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Nath

Hi there folks,

I have been contemplating the purchase of some SARD 850CC side feed injectors (Part Number 63507) for my custom injection plate that will sit on top of my 6/71 blower on my 1UZ-FE.

I'm pretty sure these will be the ones I will buy but I'm not sure exactly where I should get them from.

I want 6 injectors and I have found many place selling them all around the world, on ebay and estores etc.

There are several Eshops operating from Australia who just take you order but the parts come from Japan. You need to pay in YEN and pay shipping and customs.

Would you consider it important to buy locally to get customer support or just buy from the web.

Anyone have any horror / success stories from web purchases?

Any shops who do cheap prices?

Thanks for any help,
Nath
Sydney Australia

Maybe you should look at Mazada Rx 7 Secondary injectors. I think they are 850 cc. If you can collect all eight then it would work.

I am not an expert with the differing car's injectors so I do not know if these are side feed or not.

I must use only side feed injectors 850CC or above.

Thanks for your comments.
Nath

I am designing a custom fuel injection plate and due to my strict design constraints placed by myself, I feel the best and only solution is to use side feed injectors.

I am designing the plate as an absolute "Looks" product but with out sacrificing the design. To use top feed injectors places a plate of aluminium in a position on the plate that I am not happy with.

I wish side feed injectors were readily available as I would not need to worry about my constraints as much but due to my nature I am trying very hard to not compromise my design.

I understand that top feed injectors will be easier to obtain and I can get much bigger injectors etc.

I tried very hard not to get into the top v side debate - just let it be known that Nath needs side feed injectors without question.

As my engine will be an all out Drag race engine, then yes I am looking at around 700 horse power. I feel that 6 x 850cc injectors will be suffient to supply this. I may at some stage go for more power but as I am building a whole drag car, I need to look at the engine as just one part of the puzzle. I don't want to build an engine that will hurt its self too much. I feel with the parts I'm using, and with clear planning, I will be able to achieve 700 reliabe hp in a race engine context.

6 850cc injectors should happily provide 700hp without going over the top.

Getting the thing to idle is going to be a bitch though, not that it sounds like it matters.

Importbitz (http://www.importbitz.com/engine.htm) has a set of 6 550cc Sard sidefeed injectors for $600, reckons they should handle about 660hp. But thats probably too low for you.

Look into what the 2jzgte guys in the US upgrade too.
You should be able to get injectors from those guys cheap.

Nath,

I've purchased lots of parts off the net and eBay.

I only have one sob storey and that was getting 7 plug leads and 3 coil leads in a set I orderd from the States. They don't answer emails when you have a complaint.

On my experience I'd still say buy off the net.

Of interest I have never paid any import duty on the parts I've purchased.

U should consider ebay and get them clean by Jim at Injector Perfector. He charge only about 14 usd each to cleaning, balancing, and flow matching. I have 550 from Rx7 and its plenty of fuel. At 12 psi, i am only using about 40% of its capacity.

Rethink your Numbers Nath

I just read what you are looking for HP wise with your drag car Nath. Let me say that the GoMac Lexus i supplied the direct ignition for went 905HP on its first dyno pull on mild boost and a fat fuel setup with a basic safe timing setting. If you plan to run methanol remember that methanol requires a BSFC of 1.0+ if this doesnt make sense an engine using petrol will use between 0.4-0.55 BSFC what this means as far as injectors are concerned is huge inectors to make big HP. 700HP+ 700LBs of fuel injector flow. Or 850cc x 10.5 = 89.25LBS 89.25 x 6 injectors = 535.5 lbs of fuel
Ring me, and lets get our heads together before i move to Wagga in the next month.
Nigel
P.S. the GoMac built Lexus just ran another 7 sec pass last month and is good for at least 1200hp!!!!!!!

Attachments

• bucketpress.jpg
    bucketpress.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 14
  • tools.jpg
    tools.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 14
I'll give you a call in the next couple of days, have had the flu for over a month now.

I'm getting scared because My engine is looking to be quite a machine but my car which I am yet to build is very small only having a 90 inch wheel base. I have thought of extending this out and build more of an altered chassis with the Headers coming out the front arches of the body and the frame extending another meter or so.

So sitting in a box on 900hp is going to be scary. I do'nt want to get in over my head but it seams this engine is pretty easy to get horse power out of. I can imagine a comp ratio as low as 7.5:1 with copper gaskets and the 6:71 blower should boost up to 25psi so it's should be a rocket.

The 850cc side feed injector idea is also an exercise in design. I could run 8 x 850cc and supplement them with the standard injectors also..

I'll call you as I have ment to for a while now.
Nath