Safely boosting a 2uzfe and BOV Advice Requested

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Now that the Unichip situation is clear, I tend to agree with you....the Unichip wasn't set up for as much fuel as the rise in FMU pressure is dumping under boost. I still prefer the ability to make tuning adjustments myself...that is why I went from the Unichip to Split Second. Nothing wrong with the Unichip...just when you want to make changes you have to take it to a dealer. Good luck...I'll be watching to see what the final analysis is.....

Wayne

10.1 is rich but in my experience with the 1uz it isnt rich enough to cause fouled plugs and hesitations while under WOT.

You mentioned that you are getting a MAF code, are you sure that the MAF isnt faulty?

No I'm not sure what the code was, just said MAF ??. When we were tuning I was only getting the misfire injector code; it wasn't till the other day that I got the MAF code.

I was having issues with the oil pump that led to the MAF getting some oil into it. It was cleaned out and given the ok.

How would the MAF Sensor affect the hesitation thats happening?

BTW the plugs are not fouling, I'm getting injector misfires, from overpressuring them is what the shop said.

I am going to goto the 6:1 ring in the FMU and eventually change it out all together.

So I am still running rich, I went all the way down to the 3:1 ring in the FMU and the other day I disconnected it completely. I am able to keep an eye on the wideband and still gets rich.

Either this thing need to go to a professional tuner or I have to buy the split second and learn to do it myself.

My buddy with a Titan could give me sh!t the other day because he was able to pull away from me after I spent all the dough. The Titan's are fast but I feel I should be able to take him.....

I am not disatisfied yet but it would be nice for this thing to go like I think it should.

The saga continues....

Screename, are you running the fmu as a stand-alone or in series with the stock fuel pressure regulator? Also, do you have a fuel pressure gauge where you are able to observe fuel pressure while you drive? Curious as to how your fuel pressure relates to your afr.

Wayne

I disconnected the FMU and while it seemed to help, the AFR will still drop below 10 at WOT. I can feel the truck hesitate when this happens. I am not sure how it's plumbed.

IT is still misfiring the injectors.

What did you do Wayne to get away from the Uni-chip as I really want to get this thing dialed.

Thanks,

Brad

Go to Underdog Racing Development (http://www.urdusa.com/) and talk to Brian(I think that's his name). Tell him what you want to do (timing and fuel). I believe he will talk to you about the URD Mass Air Flow fuel and timing calibrator. You can control your fuel trim and retard timing with this unit. Make sure you keep on reminding him you have a V8 Tundra...they work so much with the Tacoma's that he sometimes confuses the two. That is the only one that I am aware of that allows you to put a tuneable piggyback on your stock computer. Otherwise, you must go stand-alone and I'm not sure how that would affect all the other things besides the engine the computer controls. I would shoot for somewhere around 11 to 11.5 AFR at full (5-6 lbs) boost. If you were running 15 to 20 lbs of boost, 10 to 10.5 might not be bad. I think you would only do that one time on the stock motor though...:eek:

Wayne