Boosting and Tire Traction

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I am currently runnin 14.75 psi right now and I drive my LS400 daily. Yes, even with my kids in there. The car is very reliable now. This morning i pay special attention to my car when I accelerate. When the boost comes on, I noticed two black thread marks for about 10-12 feet long. However, I don't know heard tires noise or smoke. I have khumho Ecsta and I also noticed when I do a burn out, i dont see much smoke from it. With overdrive off and increase boost to 16.68 psi, the car just rocket out of the box when the rpm hits 2,500 rpm.

Now that being said, my transmission is not liking it. I broke two tranmissions in 4 months. However, I still enjoy every boost.

I think you will find the tires (tyres) have ahard compound that will allow them to spin but not smoke.

Soft tyres tend to melt and smoke where hard tyres just abrade the rubber until you get them really spinning.

Soft rubber tires will wear out fast and cost $$$$, but will increase traction for sure.. Todd use to talk to me about a certain drag tire that was made of soft rubber and he told me that the drag/soft tires really grip better and will make a noticeable difference in traction from the conventional tires. With that being said, I just think that tire upgrade would also put more stress on your stock tranny..

Wow Lex, your LS sounds faster then my SC, cool... Yeah, if your burning out your stock trannies you still need to figure where you want to go with the tranny upgrade or conversion first.. How is that Ford tranny swap looking? I am also very glad to hear your motor and turbo is now reliable for you...

My guy and I still trying to solve the electrical issues for the tranny. I got a call today for a rebuildable TH400 core for $125. Very tempting.