S&S Headers dyno results on GS430

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

This car is definitely a strong example stock.

BTW, the first 2 runs of S&S headers had cracking issues (which S&S handled under warranty in a admirable manner) and has since gone to thicker materials and modified welding and to my knowlege has not experienced cracking since.

It is worth noting that it is very hard to get low RPM dynojet pulls as the cars will downshift. The stock engine has a peak torque at 3400rpm. I would really like to see the actual numbers from 2000rpm. The reports are that the cars feel stronger at all engine speeds so that would suggest a similar improvement at low RPM as to what is seen here. Not to shabby for shorty style headers into stock exhaust system.

Details: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302528&page=3

attachment.jpg

So with just the S&S headers the engine made 17 more WHP? Am I reading that correct? I would have guessed around 20Bhp on average myself...

That dyno was made with the 4.3 liter motor....

So with just the S&S headers the engine made 17 more WHP? Am I reading that correct? I would have guessed around 20Bhp on average myself...

That dyno was made with the 4.3 liter motor....

Correct. Through the stock 1.97" exhaust pipes and catalysts.

Haha, did you read that they installed some aftermarket intake, normal bolt on one (didnt specify), while the car was still on the dyno. They lost power! I cant say I am too surprised, the guy that posted the chart said the co. is refusing to refund the money.

But 15 whp is pretty damn nice though!

He was running it on the non-SAE dyno, what was it? Forgot already....The one that reads a little higher.