rpm 13 timing miss

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I think you are overlooking something and it is likely to be simple.

If you are smart enough to go counting teeth and if you are completely certain that the cam timing is correct then start checking other things.
cam timing is unlikely to affect the two front cylinder and the rear two cylinders. More likely to be cylinder which share camshafts.

I don't think that a rotor is in wrong as this would affect cylinders 2,8,3 and 5 or the other side 4,6,7 and 1. Also a stuffed coil or ignitor, ECU ignition drive or related wiring would affect one of these two sets of cylinders.

Try unpluging each cam sensor in turn. I don't have a good running standard car to test this on here at the moment ( all have aftermarket ECU). If it doesn't ran with either unpluged then it proves nothing. If it runs when one is unpluged and not when the other is unpluged then you have a faulty cam sensor.

Have you done a compression test. These engines are great but still can have compression problems.

Now I have been watching this thread and have come to work just now with a scrap piece of paper in my pocket with notes on it. I have been thinking and making notes for around 2 hours. The cylinders you have out are the back two and the front two. I recently changed a set of leads on a ute in a bit of a hurry. It ran on 8 before changing they where just very old and crappy. It ran on 6 after changing the leads - numbers 2 and 8 were out. I had the leads on the cap switched around. Both leads are beside each other on that cap. Now 1 and 7 are the same on the other cap. I have a hunch that you may have numbers 2 and 8 switched around and also 1 and 7 switched on the cap. I might be wrong as I am on the other side of the world but this what I would check first.

Now I'm off to change a fan idler bearing on a 1UZ conversion we have in the shop. I will keep Thinking. I will also check the injector grouping.

Cheers and good luck
Kelvin

Another note - cylinders 1 and 7 are on the same injector drive with 2 and 8 being on another. If it's fuel some engine start into the intake will improve running. Cheers

Thanks for the ideas! Today I swapped and tightened the timing belt along with all crank and cam sensors.. still code 13. I swapped the distributor cap and rotors..nothing. Found one of my backside engine grounds was disconnected and redid the wiring and nothing. Engine cylinders missing on 2,8,1,7 and made sure of the connection to the distributor. I was even seeing a miss on number 5 today also. I checked my injectors and they click and work(does the injector put out a real fine misty/smokey looking spray? I am getting fuel to the engine.
Strange things noticed. My fuel tank read a full tank the whole time I have been working on it until today when It read nearly empty! Also right after conversion I go to start and small puff of smoke from driverside wire loom. These symptoms are out of control and Pissing me off.. I should probably disassemble the whole f**king thing again and pull it out. Damn rediculous I have done this several times and nothing this bad ever.

Pulled it out again. Gonna mess around tomorrow and redo the whole thing. Anything worth looking @ you think while its out? Oh. and both of my freaking motor mount rubbers tore easily while taking it out.. yes the nuts were off too! Crazy!! Does anyone have extras I could buy? I wont be reinstalling until I find some around.

i dont understand whats goin on

if u are 100% sure thos ecylinders are missing then it cant be too many things

1 check injecotrs clicking on htose cylibders
2 spark on those cylinders
3 compression on those cylinders

i just dont know y u r having all these probs

just start from scratch and go thru basics

maybe yr injectors are stuck open

are u 100% sure those cylinders are down

if yr using so much fuel then u must have prob wit air flow meter or yr injectors are open on some or u have a bad lead or spark plug

it doesnt sound mechanical

one more thing have u put the rotor buttons on the right way

they have a key to locate them but i have had people put them on wrong way and it makes 2 cylinders on one side and 2 cylinders on the other side miss fire

took me ages to figure this out on a customers car

i think stripping engine down is not way to go yet

just pull rocker covers off check for broken cam

Hey guys. Well I have had my engine out, rebuilt, and sitting for awhile waiting on new engine mounts. I am certain the engine will be doing the same thing. Can these symptoms be from a bad engine ecu? This is all I can think of

hey does anyone have a picture of where the cam sensors are located? like a real actual picture and not a diagram..i have alldata but actual pictures works better with my mind :D.

i have a 93 LS400. thanks, Joe.