removal of throttle body

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hilux_bondy_007

hey guys, i csnt get to one of my head bolts and was wondering, wat had to be disconnected off throttle body. i undid the 4 bolts but cant seem get move it forward.

Its probably just well stuck on, give it a couple of light thumps, or lever a screw driver in there.

It has a large hose that goes to the cam cover, and 2 smaller water jacket hoses, but all of those are flexible and shouldn't stop you from being able to move it.

Its probably just well stuck on, give it a couple of light thumps, or lever a screw driver in there.

It has a large hose that goes to the cam cover, and 2 smaller water jacket hoses, but all of those are flexible and shouldn't stop you from being able to move it.

The hoses on mine are/were.

That's what it will be, the rubber hoses underneath thr TB. Take them off and the TB should just slide off.

Just remove them, they aren't required in Aust.
Just make sure you block them off where they leave the motor.

You mean remove and leave off the short hose from the TB to the cam cover??
Thats a bad idea, itll screw up the PCV system.

Or do you mean the two coolant lines that go to the TB?
They can be blocked off if you live in a warm climate (like most of Aus).
They heat the TB and stop it from freezing open/closed during cold weather.
If you do block them off, remove the ISCV coolant feed pipes as well.

What are ISCV pipes?

If I remove them from mine, will it perform any better? Will it cause an cold start issues?
When you remover them, do you join them both together (they are different sizes) or remove the hoses completely, and cap the fittings?

No performance gain, no cold start issues.
Its just the coolant lines you are removing.

You'll see a small coolant line leave the water bridge at the front of the motor (just behind the thermostat), it goes to the ISCV, then to the throttle body, and then to the water bridge at the back of the motor. Just cap the line where it leaves the front water bridge, remove all the lines, and then cap it where it enters the rear water bridge.

Those lines are there to maintain some heat in the throttle body during freezing weather, to prevent the throttle butterfly from freezing while driving (don't laugh, it's possible!)

The throttle body under part load acts as an orifice, and whenever there's a pressure drop across an orifice, there's also a significant temperature drop. So in freezing or near freezing weather, the temperature just on the other side of the butterfly can be pretty chilly.

Those of us who rarely see freezing weather just disconnect those lines to clean things up a bit.

You'll see a small coolant line leave the water bridge at the front of the motor (just behind the thermostat), it goes to the ISCV, then to the throttle body, and then to the water bridge at the back of the motor. Just cap the line where it leaves the front water bridge, remove all the lines, and then cap it where it enters the rear water bridge.
. .

I'd be wary of removing them.
I live in Canberra, which is considered "mild" - we do have some days below zero (Celsius). But I have had a carby throttle body freeze - and it wasn't on an especially cold day. I was motoring briskly on a freeway after a long stop. car was going well, until I backed off to slow down. The car felt like it was on cruize - didn't slow at all!
I switched off and stopped. had a look at the throttle butterfly linkage - it was a solid block of ice! Scary stuff...
I had disconnected the manifold heater pipes when one was leaking - some days before.