EGR removal

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dar_sbb

Hey guys,

currently doing the valve stem seals and timing belt on the motor and i thought it would be a good time to remove the egr.

now looking at the exploded drawing on the website, there are a few things that i cant find.

1. egr vsv - i can see a pipe that runs to a pipe under the throttle body, is this it? i can take a pic to make it clearer tonight

2. egr valve - unless i have completely missed it... its not there.

3. egr pipe - again... i can not see it. I do have extractors and full exhaust, so im not sure if it has been taken out already.

the vacuum lines from the top manifold cover connect to the thing pictured. Is this egr related?

Also is any of it connected to the charcoal canister?

I have been surfing but i couldnt find anything too detailed.

Cheers

The EGR receives exhaust gases through a tube which is bolted to the exhaust manifold. It goes up to the back of the intake manifold (on 20 series it passes through the rear water bridge) The gas then passes through the intake manifold to the Valve which is attached to a plate on the LH of the upper intake Plenum. This is the same plate the PCV system enters the intake manifold.
Most of the 1uz I have seen have come from Japan and not one has had the EGR system attached, these have been badged Toyota. The ones I have seen with the EGR have come from the USA and badged Lexus. Worked on a few Europe spec cars and dont think they had EGR but cant completely remember.
If you cant find it may it is a model that doesnt have one.

Cheers

Cheers guys.

Mine was from a 92 celsior (toyota badged). Im guessing this is why i cant see anything

Will have a double check tonight anyway with the info u gave me.

Cheers