EGR Tube from exhaust removal

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

RedPhoenix

I cannot remember since I have been under the car. Can that rear egr tube from the exhaust manifold to intake manifold be removed without pulling the motor? I know there is 1 or 2 random bolts that hold it to the engine... can they be easily removed?

Matt

Matt, its 5 bolts (2 on the exh. manifold, 2 on the int. manifold an one support in the back of the right read). I could tell you if you could pull it off with the engine still in but I'll bet with a little effort, you could. Probably the handest one to get to is the support bolt in the head. If you can get to that one and get it out, I'd bet you could get the whole pipe out.....

reach back there and find out... or even just look I'll bet that you can... on the supra its tighter then the SC and I'll bet that I could get it out on a supra swap....

hey,i just pulled mine.
all i did was pull the egr charcol canister,so i could reach back with a long ratchet to reach the support bolt.it takes alittle effort,and a scratch on your hand,but it can come out...:smoker:

You'll need a long ratchet wrench to reach the middle bolt. I had to use the dremel with the cut-off wheel to cut the tube in half. Then I slid it out easily. The SC is harder to work with because of the tighter clearance between the firewall and the engine.

Another option is to drop the trans crossmember a few inches.

This would let you reach the bolt with a long ratchet.

That's how I reach the bellhousing bolts when I drop my trans.