Ready to Spend 4K. Please Help!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
nice little blower for a honda engine but waaay to small for a UZ. Like stated above, even the m90 is struggling to meet your numbers. If you check craigslist daily, I can almost guarantee you'll find an m112. 400bhp is totally doable at 8psi with cams and a rising rate.

nice little blower for a honda engine but waaay to small for a UZ. Like stated above, even the m90 is struggling to meet your numbers. If you check craigslist daily, I can almost guarantee you'll find an m112. 400bhp is totally doable at 8psi with cams and a rising rate.

Just noticed you have a similar setup on your SC400. Any idea of power output? And how do you like the Lextreme TC?

An m112 leaves no room for much in the way of upgrade. Its still roots. Doesnt compress air, and lacks efficiency above 8 psi.

Plus its physically large, requires a lot of modification to clear the hood, and comes out to the same cost as a nice KB or Whipple which can put out 15psi+!

A 2.3l whipple on a ls1 makes 12psi by 1900 rpm. With very low discharge temps, means you dont have to pull as much timing.

The m112 can handle more than 8psi (more like 12 before water/meth is needed), yes it isnt the best out there but for $500 or less used, it really isnt a compromise. Arm'd is hoping to keep the stock fuel system/tune so why care about boost levels that are higher than his goals? Bottom line, the m112 will put out more hp at the same psi as the m90. Bullet makes a custom manifold and snout that will fit under your hood w/o any problems.

I run a centrifugal supercharger on my car for a few reasons:

Cheap to install ($150 bracket)
You can pick ATI or Vortech head units
cheap if bought used ($1000 or less)
no intercooler necessary at <9psi
No heat soak
Good volumetric efficiency
can be installed/removed in less than an hour
better MPG during cruise type of driving

I have a full stainless exhaust from the heads back, w/ zero emission controls and I estimate atsealevel I put down 400bhp... or 325whp. Stock tune.

And how do you like the Lextreme TC?

Its one of the best bang/buck upgrades for the SC. It takes almost a 1/2 second off your 0-60mph time. Its an easy way to get the heavy 3600lb sc out of the gate faster.

Yeah, and that snout cost money.

I got a twin screw lysholm in perfect condition for $700. It came with a snout and a bypass valve and a rear inlet. I don't need to take the blower apart and mill it and weld it to the plate and all that jazz.

Why put a eaton blower on and paint yourself into a corner. I only want 6.5psi to start with as well, but I have oh so much upgrade potential later.

It makes no sense to invest a whole ton of money into accessories like intake, pulleys, tensioners,snouts, bypass valves, rear inlets, TB adapters, and go through all that work in R&D and end up with a blower that's capped.

twin screws put out so much less heat that you can pick up 40hp just by switching the charger at the same boost!

your right, the price adds up for manifold based superchargers, thats why I run a centri. My entire setup cost me $1500 total and the only adaptation needed is the $150 lextreme bracket. Frankly the m112 setup will cost the entire 4,000 he has to invest for manifold + snout + charger + misc parts whereas a centrifugal setup could be had for less than half that with more power potential. I had an m112 in my hands at 1 point but the manifold combo was just too much so i shied away from it. I will admit its tempting to just throw the cash down when you have the charger in your hands. I installed the m112 bullet combo into Lextreme's 5.2L ls400 and its 10/10 quality. I would trade mine for it 10x over but its the most expensive setup to build aside from a twin turbo project.

Evern a custom garage built single turbo could be completed for less than $4k... waaay less.

I definitely agree that the M112 or Whipple would be better for my project goal but due to time constraints I dont see either happening. This project is mostly to get out of having to rebuild a GM 3.8L blaaah like everyone else in class, but it has to be done by May 1st.

The centrifugal setups I've seen into an LS look painfully tight and finding a centrifugal here is probably less likely than finding an M112.

The simplest and most cost effective design I came up with would be to mount an air box on top of the intake runners for the SC. Then fabricate an old school cowl style hood from fiberglass. The first rat rod LS! :D

With this setup I was looking at $2K total.
$800 for air box.
$200 for SC.
$500 for hood.
$300 for rising rate.
$200 for possible fuel pump.

I got around to mocking my new bullet intake and lysholm2300 today.

The motor has the 97 style rear coolant crossover and it doesn't fit that intake.

Did the 92-95 have the same coolant crossovers and 96-97 were different?

My other motor which is out of a 95 has a different crossover.

Otherwise it fits nicely, I had to grind one little spot off the front corner and the manifold sat flat on the intake ports.

Attachments

• Bullet Lysholm 1uz.jpg
    Bullet Lysholm 1uz.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 5
  • intake blower comparison.jpg
    intake blower comparison.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 5
If your willing to fabricate, the m90 should't cost much at all. Your right about the LS400 centri blowers, there is about an inch in from radiator to blower inlet so intakes are impossible. I originally had my LS with this setup and later transferred everything to my SC and now I have a 4" intake versus a screen hah.

Is your m90 a side inlet or top inlet? If you can snag a side inlet, you can work around the stock hood but if its not a concern, pop that baby out hehe.

Even that seems over sized unless my math is wrong?? Anyone know VE for the 1UZ? I'm using 90% right now.

RPM * CID / 3456 * VE
6000 * 244 / 3456 = 423cfm 423 * 0.90 = 381cfm.

cfm * PR
381 * 1.54 = 587 cfm

If I go with Lysholm 2300AX 0.0812 CF/Rev (should be similar for whipple)

587 / 0.0812 = 7230 rpm needed to make 587 cfm.

That seems like a very low RPM for any SC, I guess it wouldnt hurt intake temps.

Pulley size would be ugly. I think stock pulley is around 5.5" so this would mean 4.5" pulley for the SC????

Maybe even smaller SC could be used.