R154 strength upgrades

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Brendan E

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone could give me some help on where to source these parts. I have an R154 box going into a MA61, behind a 1uzfe. It will be a road car mainly but will see some track work, so need it to take some abuse. I've got a list of all the items I need to replace or strengthen (that search function really works!) but don't know where to get them from, I've numbered them below so people can easily answer.

1. Replace thrust washer in the 1st gear. I did read you can either replace it with one from a Land Bruiser gearbox, or get one made out of chromoly, would the land bruiser one take alot of abuse?

2. Aftermarket intermediate bearing carrier. Do I need to replace this if I'm already doing number 1?

3. Heavy duty bearings.

The other one is the shift folks cryo treated or Shot peened, but this one is easy so don't need help.

Thanks in advance guys.

when you say track, please elaburate. becouse if its drag racing, it may see a little abuse, but if its road racing you shouldnt be doing anything that would put a lot of shock into the transmission, or if you are, you need an instructor to sit with you.

You wont need to upgrade it unless you turbo it...

But Marlin Crawler sells the uprated bearing cover and no one sells the thrust washer. Which is odd since every bleets on about needing one. Be prepared to deal with the worst communicators in history when you buy from Marlin.

Thanks 400, over time this car may end up with twin turbos, so want to build it to handle that now when it's out of the car and needing a freshen up, than having to do it later. The whole drivetrain will be built to handle turbos and decent hp, just incase.

Any idea who sells the heavy duty bearing?