Pulleys! Who can make them?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

WeasyS2S

Hey everyone, I am looking to get some S/C pulleys made for my prototype s/c project. The pulley on the s/c does not match the one on my engine (different rib numbers) so is there a place that anyone here knows that has a lathe/CNC to make them?

How many would you like? I have access to CNC lathes, between 2 machine shops. Do you have a prototype to copy, or does it require engineering?

I have 2 pulleys

1 off the s/c i got the other off the engine that the s/c must match up to.

The only thing to modify is the diameter for different boost levels.
I will send you a email! I usualy deal with Forum/community companys before going outside of the community as i support forum vendors :)

Cowboy,

A few of us could be interested in a new lower pulley to increase boost.

I'm thinking along the lines of a "bowl" pulley that would fit inside the balancer and be about 1" further out than the balancer. This would allow you to have an oversize pulley on the bottom that would allow a larger pulley at the top which would solve a lot of slip problems.

Weasy,

Don't worry about the 6 and 8 rib pulleys having a different number of ribs. Use a 6 rib belt. As long as the ribs line up it won't matter that you only use 6 on the top one.

Zuffen, a couple of questions. What sort of maximum outer diameter are we talking about? And what quanities would be involved?

Attachments

• DSCF1532.JPG
    DSCF1532.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF1530.JPG
    DSCF1530.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF1523.JPG
    DSCF1523.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF1511.JPG
    DSCF1511.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 38
Zuffen i was thinking that all day but havent been around to check the belt and sure enough yea it does work.

Ill still be in contact with eric as i got other ideas/prjects i may want to look in to

Cowboy,

Probably only alittle larger than stock.

I can live with the stock diameter, or a bit larger, but need an 8 rib belt for the 112.

I wouldn't see too much demand for them.

Hmmm, I bellieve that we wouldn't have a problem with it. CAD drawings would help tremendously since we don't have a mock up over here, and don't have an accurate depth for the pulley snout. The cost may be a bit prohibitive since there would probably be only 1-5 made total. If you can e-mail to me drawings, then I can truck the over to the machine shop and see what we can do.

THanks man,

cowboy, how is the group buy on the pulleys going? if i got CAD drawings of those pulleys would it help out at all with the price?

Hi nathan,

There was no interest other than about 5 folks in the pulleys unfortunately. Such a low number even witht he CAD drawing ( for 5 pulleys per person ) would be astronomical. Maybe 25-30 people signing up would help.

Thanks man

Weasy if noone can help, you can try Paeco here in Birmingham. As we've talked about a lot before. They do not fear the odd-ball projects. Tho I've no idea about the costs. Somewhere between high & higher comes to mind.

Yea i am in contact with several people. One actually in my own country here which blew my mind for pricing! I will most likly be using 2, one to CAD the image the other to make the product.