Lightweight pulleys for 1/2/3 uz motors?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
True, the tiny alternator pulley won't have much effect, while the larger diameter pulleys such as the PS, fan, and possibly the idler pulley does. When pulleys like these are installed, there's a noticable difference in rate of rev.

Either way, :) a gorgeous set of aftermarket pulleys is sorley lacking in the 'uz-fe family. I would like to think that most people would want an engine that not only is powerful, but also looks the part. Just as a car that is fast, and a rolling work of art at the same time.

This is the way that I see it. The 'uz-fe right now is where the 2JZ community was 5 years ago. A lot of gains are being accomplished by individuals who pioneer ahead with the lack of materials, and general support. What I'm trying to do is to bring these motors and swaps more to the forefront, and also involve major shops who can see the potential. These pulleys would be a step in the right direction.

Eric

Eric, I would love to have a set. I want them for the Bling effect, and if I can gain any benefits from the rotational mass, even better...Let me know if you need a Beta Test car for them...

Ryan

If you make the accessory pulleys slightly larger you can get the same effect as a smaller crank pulley to under-drive them, which will mean they won't consume as much power from the crank (hence "under-drive pulley kit" if you've seen any WRX stuff).

You may need a longer belt and you'd have to see if it upset any of the systems (alternator not spinning fast enough, power steering too heavy etc) but it should make some difference.

Eric, don't be discouraged by the negative coments. The 1UZ-FE needs these dress up items and no-one else is making them. I would be interested in a set but would have to save up because their price would be about double by the time they got to Australia. Are the pulleys made out of heat treated (hardened ) aluminium? John.

Thanks guys, I would love to produce these. I want to work out all the details, and study a set of stock pulleys for a day or so, to figure out what we need.

What we have found is that top of the line 7075 hardened aluminum is ESSENTIAL for components such as timing gears. HKS made their original set of cam gears out of 6061 and after the years, the timing belts would get tossed. However, for the accessories, to wear down a set of 6061 pulleys detrimentally would take decades.

So, the short story is that if these are to be made, they are going to be made out of 6061 T6. :)

Thanks guys,

Eric

It'd be possible to work something out with anodizing. For reference, from the information I have received, Unorthodox Racing stated that their best sellers were as follows:

Bright machined silver
Black anodized
BLue Anodized
Red Anodized

But from recent information, UR has ceased to making any colors except for bright machined silver.

Here's what we can do, and I hope that I'm not stepping on any toes with this. We can get the word out as much as possible in all of the regions that people are interested. We can also keep a tab on who exactly would want these. In truth, it would be better for a major shop to distribute these, as they can buy them in bulk and fund the initial production.

Either that, or we would need 30 people COMMITTED to purchasing these.

Thanks guys,

Eric

i would pay a little more if thats what it will take, im real keen on these, just in the machined silver, i will more than likely get them polished up over here, would you make a one off set if you didnt get numbers up?

Hi Nathan,

The finish on the pulleys we made for the Supra are a very bright machine polish finish. They are good enough to see your reflection in. :)

Making a one off set would be extremely expensive as pulleys go. Maybe we could start a list of people who want to pre buy?

I can make this assurance. Once we get the amount of people needed, it won't take long to produce these. Maybe 3 weeks. From commision to shippment take on average that long.

Eric

Cowboy,

Would you please start a new thread in Group Buy on this item. Lets not turn this into Sell/Buy thread.

Attachments

• oilpress.pdf
    14.8 KB · Views: 22
That sounds good, I didn't mean to step on anyones toes.

I can't seem to access the "New Thread" option in the Group Buy section, can I get an assist?

Thanks Lextreme,

Eric

could you make a harmonic crank pulley that weighed the same that just looked really cool? Because in my setup you will be able to see my crank pulley and alternater pulley since those are the only ones I'll have on the car, along with the tensioner.

Jeff

Fortunately, there are already various SFI approved dampened crank pulleys on the market. I'm not sure if they fit the 1/2uz-fe, but they fit the 2jz. Hopefully they are interchangable because I would want to change it out also.

The group buy for the pulleys is underway here!

http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4281

I want to reiterate this to everyone. These pulleys are only the beginning. It's time that more and more parts were made for the 1/2/3uz-fe enthusiests, so if these pulleys can be produced, there will be an entire line of parts to come afterwards.

So in this case (which is not the case with any other genre of enthusiest), helping yourself with purchasing these pulleys helps the community to have mreo and more new parts.

Thanks guys,

Eric

They weigh the roughly the same, but the steel 2JZ-GTE idler pulley with bearing weighs a lot more.

Eric

Regarding Crank dampers/pulleys. Give Fluidampr a call. most of their dampers can have the centres machined out and a new bosses made to mate them to other cranks. It will mean a custom set of accessory pulleys though as the belts will no longer line up correctly. Cowboy, might be something you could look into doing? A complete pulley set, all ancilliary drive pulleys, and modified fluidampr crank damper!

Id suggest their part no: 660202 as its designed for a 4.6 litre v8 so same ballpark and has a very low rotational weight as well as having grooves for a poly V belt. Anyone interested drop me an email and i'll let you know the dimensions you can safely bore the centres out to!

Does anyone do adjustable cam pulleys?