Proven Modification Gains

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

redlinegtst

Giday,

I am currently researching using the 1UZ-FE in a R32 skyline and am struggling to find some actual proven results on this motor. I can find a lot of people saying opinion of modification gains, but very little hard fact.

Can anyone on here who has modified their 1UZ-FE and has the following types of information:

What you did (i.e turbo, cam, etc) - I would like to know a little spec and brands used
Dyno time (you must have tuned it if you have it, can I please see some dyno graphs)

What I am after is a list similar to:
Bog standard 1UZ-FE XXX hp @ engine
Intake and Exhaust + XXhp @ engine or wheels
etc
etc
etc

The reason for this is simply because I dont know anything about this motor, its potential and there is a lot of conflicting information from both people who have Actually done the work and the noobs who "know someone who has".

I have done heaps of work on the RB20DET and RB25DET engine, but would like to start with a bigger base. I like the "lightness" of the 1UZ-FE (would like to retain weight distribution, as the 1UZ-FE from what I can gauge weighs between 177 - 215kg fully burdened with PS AC Alt. Strt Mtr and the RB20DET weighs in at 185kg), however am looking at the bigger cast chevys also simply due to bang for buck. There is a lot of measurable information out there. A guy down in Christchurch that I am talking to has done this with a small block chevy. Absolutely insane!

http://forums.skylinesdownunder.co.nz/attachment.php?s=&postid=370747

So, if anyone could give me some provable figures coupled with exactly what they had done to achieve them, this would be very very useful for motor potential comparisons.

I agree on the LS1. It is it light and compact... much smaller external dimensions than a 1UZFE. It starts at 5.65 liters and has readily available bore and stroke upgrades to 7+ liters. Lots of aftermarket support.

Compare the 1UZFE to the LS1 predecesor the good old 350 cid/ 5.7 liter small block Chevrolet. The following picture says a LOT.

attachment.php

Not my picture.

All small block chevys from 265cid to 400cid are the same external dimensions. Don't have an LS1 picture handy but is roughly the same size.