Head Gasket modification for xtra cooling

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ivan129

BlownZX
Has anyone done any experimentation modifying head gaskets by drilling extra coolant transfer holes in the head gaskets? Most head gaskets supplied in the gaskets sets I've used have most (if not all) of the rear coolant transfer holes between block and head blocked off.

I’d like to know whether there is anything to be gained by drilling some extra coolant holes in the head gaskets, especially towards the back of the engine. Feedback would be appreciated. Application is for road car

What affect will this have on cooling the engine? :)

Has anyone done any experimentation modifying head gaskets by drilling extra coolant transfer holes in the head gaskets? Most head gaskets supplied in the gaskets sets I've used have most (if not all) of the rear coolant transfer holes between block and head blocked off.

I’d like to know whether there is anything to be gained by drilling some extra coolant holes in the head gaskets, especially towards the back of the engine. Feedback would be appreciated. Application is for road car

What affect will this have on cooling the engine? :)

Ivan,
Most head gasets are sized to control coolant flow.
Water exits the front, so there're takes longer to get out to top radiator tank.

What's the issue? Eng over heating?