Modification of 1UZFE before FI

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hey Gang,

From my personal experience of FI (Twin Turbo, Supercharged and Single Turbo) Here is the list of things u need to do before you FI you 1UZFE.

1. Throttle Bottle: There is a 3/4" x 2.5" hose that runs from the bottom of the TB to the right side (US Spec - Passenger side, J-Spec Driver side) valve cover. The hose need to be replace with a plug to the TB and possible a filter breather for the passenger side valve cover. If you dont do that, you boost will go to your crank case and cause blow by. Engine will oil will fly out of your oil cap, or dip stick. Its a no no..

2. PVC: Make sure your PVC is replace with a filter breath and the other end needs a 3/8" plug.

3. Powersteering pump: PSP get its vacuum from the intake and with boost, you will blow your PSP seals. Personal experience and make sure u plug up the vacuum lines that goes to the PSP.

Not to ask a stupid question, but what is a PVC? I don't recall hearing that acronym before. Thanks? On my car I don't have power steering so that won't need to be done. The first step shoudl be easy to do. I just need to find out what the second step is.

Lextreme, if I have my throttle body before the supercharger, (as opposed to positioning it after the turbo or cyntrifugal supercharger), I can leave the breather connected to the bottom of the throttle body, cant I?

Also, I have relocated the PVC valve hose to between the throttle body and the supercharger. Thats fine too isn't it??
Cheers,
Andrew

On a turbo setup. Is it better to have the throttle body before or after the turbo? Whats the difference?

A PVC (polyvinylchlorate I think, plastic!) doesn't exist in on a motor. A PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve does.

The PVC is a typo. We all do them all the time.

Essentially it allows the engine to draw in the fumes from the crankcase.