Propshaft help needed

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lleksam

Hi All

I guess this question had been asked before, but after many hours of searching I'm still no wiser

I have a 1994 Lexus LS400 engine and auto box the one with the 3 pounted output flange and rubber doughnut to prop-shaft, that I'm fitting into a Mitsubishi Delica, what I'm after is ideas how to convert flange to either a hardy splicer x type either directly or with a 4 bolt flange land rover style,

Please any Ideas or is there something that has a direct fit into gearbox that someone makes

thanks all

Steve

Hi
I made this adaptor, it bolts up to the gearbox output and the drive shaft just bolts to it.
Alan

Attachments

• P6300421.JPG
    P6300421.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 24
  • P6300418.JPG
    P6300418.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 20
  • P6300417.JPG
    P6300417.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 21
  • P6300419.JPG
    P6300419.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 21
Thanks Guys, was thinking of both ideas but then you read one post that says there is not enough support in gearbox to take side ways forces of a normal prop shaft, the more you read conflicting views of some that have ideas and some that have done in forums the less your sure of your ideas, so wanted to hear from someone who had done what i need to do

Thanks

Steve

I sell my unit commercially and only sold about 100 so far over the last 5 years so not sure if they really work. Had them running on workshop conversions( was only about 15 in this stage) for 3 years before I sold them to others to use. Haven't had one fail or a gearbox fail as a result of running one but Ill let you know in a few more years.

I sell my unit commercially and only sold about 100 so far over the last 5 years so not sure if they really work. Haven't had one fail or a gearbox fail as a result of running one but Ill let you know in a few more years.

Kelvin, sounds like you've already surpassed standard Toyota reliability with these :)

I sell my unit commercially and only sold about 100 so far over the last 5 years so not sure if they really work. Had them running on workshop conversions( was only about 15 in this stage) for 3 years before I sold them to others to use. Haven't had one fail or a gearbox fail as a result of running one but Ill let you know in a few more years.

thanks, Do you sell to UK? how much ? and postage?

I read some where that someone did them but could not fine post again

Steve

Hi All

Easy to beef up your gearbox mount, not sure about welding, nut and bolt man, made mine out of titanium, The prop shaft guy lent me a flange so I could mark up the holes, Landy's use a 4 bolt flange, I used a heavy duty 6 bolt one, I have 3 X M10 holding the support plate and are using the std mounting rubber, hope to be in the 500 bhp or near it.

Alan

Thank you Gloverman, I didnt mean to offend, Im sorry if i did, Have found your website very useful, wish shipping from NZ was easier,

Steve

They make this for the Vauxhall Monza, Senator so if you give them the drawing they could do one for the Lexus to your joint.

Alan

Attachments

• !BVDW2+w!2k~$(KGrHgoH-CsEjlLltsWbBKQlT1O+CQ~~_1.JPG
    !BVDW2+w!2k~$(KGrHgoH-CsEjlLltsWbBKQlT1O+CQ~~_1.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 36