Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Sorry I haven't been on much lately guys...I think I mentioned that I got struck by a car while riding my 10 speed across a sidewalk? Anyway, that caused me some serious issues for several months, but all is getting much better now...

Plus, been exceptionally busy with career and family, so, I put the Lexus aside...For a few months.

Gotta rebuild the DP, and the MP. Reason is the configuration of the DP now simply will not allow me enough room to clear components within the engine bay...Fans, etc. So, without having to rebuild the whole plumbing set up, I am rebuilding the DP and the MP out of lots of expensive :eek: oval tubing. The distance between the two turbine flanges is only 8,9 inches, so I am having them merge right out of the turbos, then once past the collector, the 2 three inch pipes exiting the turbos will be welded onto an oval 4" tube. The mid pipe will also be oval tubing so i can get more flow back to where the exhausts split off.

Ryan

Sorry to hear of your accident. :eek: At least you're ok to go on the forum. :p

I thought your turbo pipes were designed and fit perfectly. However, I understand this type of project usually has some surprises in engineering. That's the spirit of it, but don't give up. lol.

Sorry to hear of your accident. :eek: At least you're ok to go on the forum. :p

I thought your turbo pipes were designed and fit perfectly. However, I understand this type of project usually has some surprises in engineering. That's the spirit of it, but don't give up. lol.

Steve, they were. But they were designed for the other twin fan set up and that proved insufficient to cool my car and maintain proper engine temps...so, once I came up with the new fan/shroud set up, the overheating issues have been resolved. But now the piping is a bit tight for them, although it dies fit.

I have decided to dyno tune the car first, then decide if I need to go with the new tubing. 1,000 WHP is still my goal. So I need to get a baseline and determine then whether I need more fuel, bigger exhausts, more aggressive cams, or a combo of the aforementioned.

I just got the car back from the Orlando Lexus Dealer, and I must say that they did a great job...the previous painters disassembled the doors to properly paint them, but then they reassembled them incorrectly by not using the factory screws and instead using sheet metal screws that screwed into the rear door trcks and interfered with the windows rolling down...the driver side would lower 50%, and the passenger would not roll down at all!!! Unbelievable! And since the economy killed that shop, I could not go back to them to fix it...so, I had Lexus do it, and they did it right. I had them fix the door lock clip and align the car too. Drives like a dream...:)

I took it out for a spin this afternoon down Markham Woods road...a winding road that has lots of high end sports cars driving on it...I drove up behind an Audi R8 Spyder...gorgeous car, and one I plan on buying within the next few years ( non-Spyder). When he first saw me come up behind him, I could tell he wanted some, but then he heard my V8 rumble along with the Turbos...he backed off...when we came to the intersection, he was turning left into Alaqua Lakes, I was going straight...So I gave him a little taste...took off quickly, but only a chirp (didn't push to hard), but shifting into second while on manual mode at that rpm broke both rear tires loose and left some serious sound and black streaks...I was grinning from ear to ear...:D

I can't wait for the dyno tune...

Ryan

Last edited:
Nice to hear you take it back. Although the 1UZ engine barely moves, but it's good to have some clearances between pipes and other stuffs.

An R8 against you? He won't have a chance. Lol.

The Dyno went ok...Meaning, Darin did well, but my wastegates did not cooperate well. The Actuators had to be moved and custom mounted when the plumbing was fabricated and everything fitted so they did not function properly, and the result was we could not control boost, so the ECU kept on boost cutting before my car could even get to 5000 rpm's and Darin was never able to get a good run. We called it a day after about an hour and a half of working on it. Managed to see 439 WHP at somewhat less than 4900 rpm...I believe that was at around 4600 rpm...Darin said not to even pay attention to that number as it was a lousy run. So, I have to replace the actuators and hook back up with Darin in the next week or too. We will get there...I have posted up 2 videos from the day...It was not a total loss as Darin got the idle very stable, and he tuned in exceptional driveability...The car is absolutely fun to drive, it is very quick, easily breaks the tires loose at partial throttle when using E-Shift in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I can't wait for the next tuning session.BTW, the built V8 sounds absolutely awesome!!

Ryan

Video 1:
th_video-2012-04-20-15-19-16.jpg

Video 2:
th_video-2012-04-20-15-09-32.jpg

Last edited:
Your going to have your speed bumps here and there but however you look at its still a sick car keep it up.

Ryan, congrats for finally getting it to the point of beginning the dyno tuning.
While disappointing to not be able to control the boost you are at least getting an idea of what it will be capable of.
439whp is somewhere over 500hp engine hp. 500hp @ 4600rpm = 571lb/tq

Ryan, congrats for finally getting it to the point of beginning the dyno tuning.
While disappointing to not be able to control the boost you are at least getting an idea of what it will be capable of.
439whp is somewhere over 500hp engine hp. 500hp @ 4600rpm = 571lb/tq

Thanks John. Amazing how much the car "woke up"...Now to enjoy the car and take it to the next level...;) Driving it is just totally fun!

Ryan

No problem man and any 500+ hp rwd is a blast to drive but what's your power goal?

Last edited:
Bullseye Power called me back first thing this morning, and told me what I need to do to adjust the issue. There is nothing wrong with the actuators...But they are large wastegates and even though integrated types, they simply need to be adjusted. None of us knew how to adjust them though, and Bullseye just called me and told me what to do...Should be an even easier fix, and quick. So, I will be back on the dyno real soon.

Ryan