Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Gang:

Frank said he was cool with me posting up a pic of the custom headers he engineered and made for my project, so I am posting it for you to see. Keep in mind a few things:

When shopping for a fabricator, it is sometimes very tough to find one that can do what you want correctly...I went through 2 other incompetent shops before I got to XTREMEBOOST. Frank is a heck of a fabricator and welder...Here is a comparison of what you can get from different shops:

1)General's Welding and Fabrication, they fabricate headers and chopper parts, so they claim...
Here is the pic of what I got from him as far as the headers were concerned...

"BlanK" Nada, Nothing!!!

2)Trinity Auto, they do good auto repair, but, fabrication, well a picture speaks a thousand words...
Driver_Headers.jpg
or this
P1010364.jpg

3)XTREMEBOOST: Frank is an excellent welder and fabricator, and his employee Mike is excellent with Toyota and Lexus. Again, a picture is worth a thousand words...
DSC00884_edited_1_.jpg

More pics to come, next week... :redface: :bigeyes:

Ryan

Oh, Ryan! I can't believe the Trinity shop could weld that bad. It seems like they tried to save a few bucks on the elbow pipes by using the straight pipes instead. But...the XTremeboost shop's headers are excellent. They know what they do. When the system is completed and running, please post up the result.

Interesting...I thought I would get a lot more comments on these headers...I sure got a lot of complaints on the previous crappily welded ones...These are obviously much better made...But not too many people stating anything...Hmmmm......:feedback:

Many more pics of the project coming soon, as all the welding and fabrication should be done this week. we expect to crank the engine and actually run it this week...Car has not run in more than 1.5 years...

Ryan

When I saw the pic's,I just fell in love. that guy who made them was gold; they are tough but slick. your not just getting performance your getting style points too.

keep the pic's coming; if you see my post I have been keeping a close watch in how you car turns out . because you might be the cause for another SC400TT. thank you for your DEDICATION TO THE PROJECT AND WE YOUR SC BROTHERS ARE ALL ROUTING FOR YOU!!!!!!!:usa2:

Ryan, the headers look awesome!

One question though, I see a support brace on the driver side header, but why not one on the passanger side? The passanger one looks longer and would more likely need a brace. Are you supporting the end somewhere else like on the turbo itself?

Can wait to see the more pics!

Chris

cjsupra90 said:
Ryan, the headers look awesome!

One question though, I see a support brace on the driver side header, but why not one on the passanger side? The passanger one looks longer and would more likely need a brace. Are you supporting the end somewhere else like on the turbo itself?

Can wait to see the more pics!

Chris
There is a brace on it...You just can't see it from that angle...

Ryan

Attachments

• HPIM0199.JPG
    HPIM0199.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 18
  • HPIM0200.JPG
    HPIM0200.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 13
  • HPIM0201.JPG
    HPIM0201.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 10
  • HPIM0204.JPG
    HPIM0204.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 18
  • HPIM0207.JPG
    HPIM0207.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 20
  • HPIM0208.JPG
    HPIM0208.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 17
robie said:
i got one question where does the turbo mount on?
The headers are designed with future maintenance in mind. That is the reason for the V Bands where they are...An extension was made that angles down and towards the center of the car, and back up to hold the turbos in place. Here is a pic to show them installed...Much more to come in the next few days...This is before these pipe were ceramic coated...They have since been coated...

DSC00887_1_.jpg

Ryan

Ryan,

Nice work....Finally.... after all those phone calls..... and advice.... you finally get it done..... I noticed your down pipes are merged in the front/center fo the engine. Is that mean your dp will go under the car?

David, thanks...You provided invaluable help to my early efforts...I enjoyed those conversations quite a bit...

The Dp's are merged in front because it is impossible to run a DP of any size at all on the driver's side, if, you plan on keeping the AC. There is no room, unless you go under the car, this is not adviseable, even to a non-lowered car. So, we solved the problem by merging them in front, and running a single DP around the passenger side, where there is sufficient room. The DP will be split off into 2 2.5" exhausts, and run all the way back.

More pics to come soon...Wait till you see the polished turbos and the ceramic coated pipes...Oh!! and the water injection...the nozzles are in, and the rest is on its way...

Ryan

Attachments

• HPIM0215.JPG
    HPIM0215.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 17
  • HPIM0212.JPG
    HPIM0212.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 16
  • HPIM0216.JPG
    HPIM0216.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 14
  • HPIM0214.JPG
    HPIM0214.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 13
Ryan that power output will be nuts!!! When you said to me "You can only beat me in my dreams you weren't kidding....I had no idea.......... I better start dreaming..... :sleeping:

Now I have a few questions for you.... I know your V160 tranny, and forged 1uz..engine can handle that enormous rwhp output that you are shooting for, , but what about your rearend? SC400 spindles, axles, driveshaft, etc...? What have you done with your drivetrain to handle that power output? ...