Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
robie said:
my only question is if you still plan on producing the kit? as i been reading it is really hard to get a clear thought of where you are going ; i'm routting for you 2 finish your project.but, single turbo to twin turbo! your making the kit more expensive if you make it. will the trans. hold aLL that power without burning it out? what about the aero dynamics on the body for stability in high speeds? have you considered that to top off you master peice in progress? i guess i'm going crazy. i want to see you come out on top with you Toyota Soare V8 Turbo.

p.s don't be mad at dave he wants 2 help, he seems to be a cool kat, he did start this M.B. i haven't meet him even though we live in the same town.
I am not interested in producing a kit. At this point, I wnat to spend my business ventures in other avenues...My fabricator is making a TT kit for the V8, for either Lexus V8's or Supra V8's. I will leave that to him. Man, know you have heard this before, but expensive??? You gotta pay to play...:veryhappy

Ryan

SC400TT said:
I am not interested in producing a kit. At this point, I wnat to spend my business ventures in other avenues...My fabricator is making a TT kit for the V8, for either Lexus V8's or Supra V8's. I will leave that to him. Man, know you have heard this before, but expensive??? You gotta pay to play...:veryhappy

Ryan
i know thats true, i'm glad that your on your finishing stages. hope you get what you were expecting on the dyno. get use the info to you fabricator. let us know what you think of his work. oh, get us pic's of you whole set-up and a dyno reading.

ps how much did you spend over all? $,$$$

we'll stay tune to the same bat channel,. at the same bat time.

robie said:
i know thats true, i'm glad that your on your finishing stages. hope you get what you were expecting on the dyno. get use the info to you fabricator. let us know what you think of his work. oh, get us pic's of you whole set-up and a dyno reading.

ps how much did you spend over all? $,$$$

we'll stay tune to the same bat channel,. at the same bat time.
All that is coming...Fabricator wants me to wait until it is complete before pics are posted...

Ryan

:veryhappy :veryhappy
SC400TT said:
All that is coming...Fabricator wants me to wait until it is complete before pics are posted...

Ryan
is going 2 be to super expensive or very reasonable?:shrug: . come on you can let your sc400 brothers in on it.
icon10.gif
. give a price!!!!

robie said:
is going 2 be to super expensive or very reasonable?
shrug.gif
. come on you can let your sc400 brothers in on it.
icon10.gif
. give a price!!!!
Man, I do not know...I can tell you this, the following prices are about what ylu would pay for new parts:
a)2 Garrett GT2871r Turbos- $2600
b)Bell Custom intercooler- $750
c)Tial 50 mm BOV- $300
4)Koyo Aluminum radiator- $500
5)Flex-a-Lite Fans- $350
6)TRD LSD- $750
7)Water injection- $800
8)Engine management- $750
9)Miscellaneous hoses and fittings- $1500
10)Custom headers are typically $2000 or more per set
11)Charge air piping- ?
12)Greddy exhausts- $1400
13)exhaust system- $ ?
14)installation- $ ?

Some of the above items are not necessary, you can also cut costs by getting used parts (beware of potential pitfalls with this practice). But, I do not know how in depth his kit will be... Maybe he will offer just the plumbing for $X dollars, and then a few different systems with different sized turbos, intercoolers, and such. So, I would say it is not cheap.

Good luck to you.

Ryan

Gang:

Finally, I have a set of well made and designed turbo headers for the V8....Only 15 months after starting this project...:wtf: But I am glad they are done, and worth the very long wait... The headers are very nice...4 into 1 merge collector type...They look like rail guns facing forward and up from the exhaust ports...Perfect fitment, clear the frame rails, and the ac compressor, with no modification to the AC compressor at all. They go for ceramic coating next week. Sorry for no pics, but I promised my fabricator to hold off posting them until car is complete...

Ryan

Attachments

• Header3.JPG
    Header3.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Header4.JPG
    Header4.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Header5.JPG
    Header5.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 30
Look foward to seeing some pics.

There must be more room in the LS400 than the SC as there is no chance of running a 3" exhaust past the ac and a proper 4 into 1 header set up on a soarer.

We had to remove the AC and do a log style manifold for our set up.

Turbo4L said:
Look foward to seeing some pics.

There must be more room in the LS400 than the SC as there is no chance of running a 3" exhaust past the ac and a proper 4 into 1 header set up on a soarer.

We had to remove the AC and do a log style manifold for our set up.
You're right...The AC is definitely in the way of a Downpipe, not only that, but also the steering shaft and the steering rack...No way to snake a DP around all that...Not even a 2" DP. We had to merge the 2 DP's in the center, in front of the engine, and then run a single DP around the passenger side between the frame rail, engine, and engine mount. Then split them of into dual exhausts up under the car...

Ryan

The exhaust must hold the car back a bit.once we removed the AC we ran a 4" lobster backed front pipe past the engine.

I'm interested in seeing photos of the exhaust system off the heads.

Cheers

Ryan, I have read up on both your forum posts in regards to your twin turbo build and setup...As I said on the Club I am very impressed with your work... I too can't wait to see the results of your work...

Curious? Are you keeping the stock SC400 tranny on that car? I can't remember your plans for the drivetrain....

Rdm - Gave up on his built stock tranny as you well know, and is swapping in the 6 speed manual. Do you plan to do the same with your SC4? Or do you just plan to boost up to the HP limits of the stock SC4 tranny.. Those stock SC auto tranny's really limit what you can do with the car unfornately...

jibbby said:
Rdm - Gave up on his built stock tranny as you well know, and is swapping in the 6 speed manual. Do you plan to do the same with your SC4? Or do you just plan to boost up to the HP limits of the stock SC4 tranny.. Those stock SC auto tranny's really limit what you can do with the car unfornately...
Jibbby,
You better think twice before thinking about doing a 6 speed (V160) that is. Xirforever and I calculated. It will take about $7,000 to make it fully functional on a SC400. I am not sure if the price justify for the swap. I guess is how much money you have to burn.... Secondly, since its turbo, Ryan might have problem with master clutch cylinder since the exhaust pipe might be on the way. Again, its also depend on how he route the exhaust too.

No Lex, I am not considering a 6 speed manual, too lazy to shift in LA traffic..I would wear out the clutch in one month.....Built auto is where I am at....

I can't believe it takes $7000 for the complete swap of the V160, WOW... Poor XIrforever, hope he has a good job...See ya

$7,000 for an average joe. You can save some money if you do it yourself. However, very few people ever done this swap in the professional level let alone amature like most of us.

Attachments

• TYT199807312035_PV.jpg
    TYT199807312035_PV.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 27
jibbby said:
Ryan, I have read up on both your forum posts in regards to your twin turbo build and setup...As I said on the Club I am very impressed with your work... I too can't wait to see the results of your work...

Curious? Are you keeping the stock SC400 tranny on that car? I can't remember your plans for the drivetrain....

Thanks, Jibby...I have decided to more than likely make the V160 swap...I will use the stock tranny for Stage I, but for the built engine swap to Stage II, pure power, the 6 speed is very tempting...I am still reviewing the BoostLogic Built tranny, but I have not made a final decision yet...I wanna just drive the car again for a little while and enjoy it...It has been 15 months...

Ryan

Lextreme said:
$7,000 for an average joe. You can save some money if you do it yourself. However, very few people ever done this swap in the professional level let alone amature like most of us.
Hey Jibby, Lex is definitely correct on this one...expensive and difficult...Keep watching Chrisman's progress, and then make an informed decision...

Ryan

Lextreme said:
Nice work Ryan,,,,, i cant wait to see it running... It has been a long time.... Now we will see your fruit of labor very soon.
Thanks David, I appreciate your support on this...You were very instrumental in helping me to get this project off the ground...

I knew nothing when I met you, except that my badass SC400 needed to be as fast as it looks...You inspired me to go turbo and scrap the supercharged idea, and I have never looked back since that time.

This is a great site guys, and David, you have put together a tremendous amount of worthwhile information for the V8 Lexus enthusiast...Kudos to you for that man...your efforts are appreciated...

You also have a great number of wonderful contributors on this site that are extremely knowledgeable and helpful...Many of us would probably be further behind in our projects if it was not for the wonderful information on this site...

Ryan

Ryan,

Thanks for some kinds words. I think our relationship was shadowed by the person we know very well. I think there were miscommunications. Anyway, it has been a long time and its time to kick some vette behind. About the BoostLogic Transmission. I am very tempted too. I wonder if this transmission can handle 1000 rwhp. I have heard stories with different transmission companies in the Supra arena. I think anyone temping for the 6 speed swap should sit down and budget the money and time.

We currenlty have the older turbo 5 speed in the soarer we are working on,
the only thing we are going to do to handle the power for now is get the box pulled down and freshened up and putting in a new HKS tripple plate.

If you guys want to do manual conversions i could send you all the parts you need.

you can buy all the parts off toyota over here like clutch master and I'll track down what we use for a slave.
grab a pedal set off oa manual turbo soarer
bell housing off an australian company called dello.
clutch and box just use the 7mgte gear.
hope this helps.